The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree183Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 03:13 PM

chuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nice
Default Re: Your Most Beautiful Fish?

I've been blessed to catch all of these beautiful fish shown here and more and my most beautiful fish changes quite often ranging from an especially silvery baby Tarpon to a magnificent Golden Bonefish, aka Common Carp that hauled in out back of here. In short my take on this is "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!" For colorful, I'd say the Peacock Bass, or any number of the trout family and for sure the Sunfish family takes the cake.
Chuck S

"I've traveled many roads and some weren't paved."
Will Rodgers

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/
Old 01-25-2012, 03:13 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Your Most Beautiful Fish?

I had to wait for this one to hold still

Click the image to open in full size.
peter hanman and bjohnson76 like this.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:23 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Jokes aside I think the Perch in my waters have pretty cool colors and patterns.
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
baseman1 likes this.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, I never took pictures of fish till somewhere around 95 or 96. But back when I was in the Navy I caught a species of Goatfish on Ford Island in Pearl Harbor that was the most amazing colors of bright yellow, pink and turqouise.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:29 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

Beauty is definately in the eye of the beholder!
Gary
baseman1 likes this.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:42 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
Beauty is definately in the eye of the beholder!
Gary
Thats a funny pic Gary, you look like that fish just jumped out of the water into your hands a took you by surprise!

Great looking fish though!
gt05254 likes this.

Addicted To Vise
Old 01-25-2012, 03:58 PM

chuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nicechuck s is just really nice

I had a Goatfish and more in salt water aquariums over the years and I also have observed them in their home waters and they are spectacular. the fire red of a Squirrel fish at night resplendent with those little pearl like sparkles, or the audacious colors of a Clown Trigger makes it hard to find a freshwater cousin that can match or better them.
Chuck S

"I've traveled many roads and some weren't paved."
Will Rodgers

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/
Old 01-25-2012, 04:07 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

That is one hell of a slab Gary
Old 01-25-2012, 04:11 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

37"=20 lbs for atlantic salmon. It was my first time fishing after almost a year of surgeries and pain and I hooked it on my first morning (September, 2011) on the fly I designed earlier in the year and that all my friends had a ball with all summer while I was home on crutches or in bed, the Celtic Beauty. Doesn't get any better than that!!!
Gary
Old 01-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Banned

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold

Some really cool looking fish in this thread so far. It sure is hard trying to decide which one to post. I know I looked through a ton of pics. Even after I chose I was thinking maybe I should have picked a different fish.