The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree193Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 12:20 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of
Default Your Most Beautiful Fish?

Posting to the recent "Highest Altitude" post by tbblom got me thinking...
What is the most beautiful fish you have ever caught. I tried looking for a similar post but couldn't find one so here it goes...I am sure there will be some biased opinions here, but these fish are what drive us to go to extremes to find them.
Mine is the Golden Trout of California. They're not very big but they are something special!

Click the image to open in full size.
jpbfly, Sasha, grassonfly and 4 others like this.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:26 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: Your Most Beautiful Fish?

That is a cracker. While I've only caught a few, brook trout are my current favorite. An i like the Arctic Char, but its on my bucket list
Here's the first brookie I ever caught
ghocevar and baseman1 like this.

Addicted To Vise
Old 01-25-2012, 12:30 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Brookies are up there for me too! Fortunately my in-laws live in West Virginia so I get to bushwhack the mountain streams for them every time I go there.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

This bow was a beauty!
Sasha, ghocevar, mikel and 6 others like this.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:58 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

That sure is a beauty!

Addicted To Vise
Old 01-25-2012, 01:05 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

I stopped taking pictures of most trout, and most fish in general. I had to run to the car to get the camera for this beauty.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/1...0125110002.png
Old 01-25-2012, 01:11 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Great fish, guys. That little golden is beautiful, I've yet to find one.

JP - that rainbow is a beauty, wow, I've never seen bow marked like that. Is that a common marking and coloration where you are?
Old 01-25-2012, 01:12 PM

They have some of the best colors with the yellow, teal, and blue.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:16 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

well, I think brookies ready to spawn are the prettiest, but don't have any cool pics. My avatar photo is the best bow I've landed for overall beauty and fight. There have been bigger, but this fish was the best.

Not crazy about how I have this fish on the rocks, but it was an easy, fast recovery and release. A year later, almost to the day, this fish came to hand from the same lie:

good little spot

-Mike
baseman1 likes this.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:19 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

We've got some great colors on our brook, brown and bows here in the south east. Maybe not the specifics your looking for but when thinking about the MOST beautiful....I've got to say, the first netted fish of the day (pick a day) always looks like a true darling to me.