The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge Den (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/)
-   -   A sad day (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/232866-sad-day.html)

mojo 01-27-2012 07:41 PM

A sad day

Yesterday morning, Joni's oldest sister Virgina, passed away. She was only 62.
We drove up to Idaho Falls, Id. to spend Thanksgiving with her and the family, and Joni and I went fishing the Saturday after Thanksgiving. She told us she was going to Insta Care because she was having a hard time breathing. They took her to the hospital for overnight observation. We left to go back to SLC on Sunday morning. Virginia was thinking she was going home on Monday. As fate would have it, she didn't make it home for 2 months. They found out she had abdominal cancer. My sister-in-law was one great, brave lady that never complained about anything (except her sister Joni's husband once in a while:rolleyes:). She had RA for 37 years, a hip replacement and a knee replacement because of the RA. She was Joni's hero and a great older sister. We did get to see her one last time this past weekend.
Virg, we'll miss ya. Love ya!

littledavid123 01-27-2012 07:52 PM

Re: A sad day

The loss of a loved one is always difficult. Will pray for you and Joni.

Dave

fyshstykr 01-27-2012 10:57 PM

God bless. We're thinking of you guys.

caseywise 01-27-2012 11:24 PM

very sad to hear off your loss mojo and joni, positive vibes sent westward.
i feel your pain as i lost my grandma last night to congestive heart failure.:icon_cry:
take care,

casey

Guest1 01-27-2012 11:30 PM

I'm sure sorry to hear that. I hope Joni is taking it OK. It's a tough thing to have to go through. I glad she has you to help her through it Mojo.

littledavid123 01-27-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseywise (Post 386815)
very sad to hear off your loss mojo and joni, positive vibes sent westward.
i feel your pain as i lost my grandma last night to congestive heart failure.:icon_cry:
take care,

casey

Our grandparents are a special gift that only a grandson/granddaughter can understand. I will pray that your memories are filled with the joy of her love for you.

Dave

dean_mt 01-27-2012 11:44 PM

My younger brother is best friend in the world. I can only imagine the pain in losing a sibling. My condolences to Joni and you, Mojo.

And to Casey as well, I'm sorry to hear that too, as my 94 year old grandmother lives 1800 miles away, every time I say goodbye to her I expect it to be the last.

Take care of yourselves.

pab1 01-28-2012 12:03 AM

Very sorry for your loss.

jpbfly 01-28-2012 12:27 AM

Sad news indeed,sorry for your loss.All my thoughts for both of you.

jcw355 01-28-2012 05:03 AM

Stinking cancer, I'm sorry for the loss, praying for strength and peace of mind.