The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 05:20 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things we learn the hard way

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFlinger2421 View Post
consider talking to your Doc
Doc is sending me to a neurosurgeon in Duluth. I'm going to do another MRI. Sheesh, I should be able to stick refrigerator magnets to me after this one. If I'm lucky I can get the surgery done before I'm sharing a room with Charlie Sheen at the Dunes rehab center.

I don't want a soft matress. I want the rack they had in the Addams Family. Crank it down till I hear a good POP! Ahhhhhhh.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:44 AM

FlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enoughFlyFlinger2421 will become famous soon enough

Actually, Dan, at one point a friend got me to hang upside down with a contraption he had. I can't believe I was desperate enough to do that, but I did and it helped for awhile, especially while I was hanging upside down!
Old 03-02-2012, 01:44 AM
Banned

Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I went and had an MRI yesterday. They called me this morning and wanted me to come in and talk about it. I figured it was a bad sign when they want to talk about it that fast. It was. I have two seriously blown discs and am headed off to surgery. My next stop is the neurosurgeon in Duluth. Have to see what they say, but actually it's a relief to hear this. I really don't feel like taking these kinds of drugs for long. To many bad 'Doctor shopping' stories floating around out there. Plus up here it may be fast enough it won't screw up my Spring fishing. Spring is later here than ...... anywhere outside of far far North or the South pole. I'm thinking if they get me in right away I have 6 weeks till the Spring Pike run. Five if the winter stays warm. Even if I get screwed out of the Spring Pike, they hang shallow where I can nail the snot out of them for a while plus it overlaps the Spring Walleye and Smallmouth. Being screwed up bad enough to make them go fast on this could be a good thing.At least I know where I'm at on it. I've always been a fast healer, just need to get the curve headed in that direction. Maybe spring for that wading staff.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:14 AM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Thats the spirit Dan and I hope everything will be fine
Old 03-02-2012, 02:37 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Will pray for your swift recovery Dan. Had you been having back problems for a while?

Dave
Old 03-02-2012, 03:39 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

good luck with surgery dan. then heal up fast and hammer some pike....pain free!!
healing thoughts sent your way

casey

ARFE
Old 03-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Banned

Thanks guys. Like I said, I'm a fast healer. As for how this happened, I worked 10 hour days on the Lake of the Woods on a snowmobile. I did in the neighborhood of 6000 miles a winter. I essentially killed a snowmobile every winter. I had trouble with one of them, the last one and it's shocks. It ended up destroying a good number of discs. I finally had two that have just decided to surrender. It's kind of like Chief Dan George in the movie 'The Outlaw Josie Wales' when he said "I didn't surrender but they made my Mule surrender". I'm not surrendering, just need to get something done about my sissy discs. I'm actually glad I'm going to be going to get this fixed. It has been causing me some problems for a while.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:25 PM

innes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with the surgery. It should improve things. I don't think there is any advice I can give except that when you get out of surgery make sure you remain active (in accordance with the doc's advice). Go out for walks, stretch, therapy, etc. Inactivity leads to poor recovery. Let us know how it goes. SF
Old 03-03-2012, 08:03 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with the surgery Dan, hope all goes well with surgery and recovery and you are back fishing in no time.

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:49 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your surgery Dan. Back pain is the worst been there . Unfortunately our bodies get older but are mind and spirit still think like we are 21. I had a triple bypass and thought I was fishing three weeks later. Well I did and put myself back in the hospital. Finally let myself get the proper rest and now fishing till I drop again . Give it the time it needs you may miss part of a season (I know how hard that is) but in the long run you won't miss a years worth. Get well soon.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser