The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Header advertising booby trap

I just went on the site and the very first thing I see is an ad for Hoover. A 20% off 'heart' sale. I hope I'm not alone in thinking this, but uh..... How much trouble do you think you would be in if you decided that the thing to do for Valentines day is buy your sweety a vacuum cleaner? "Hey honey, I even tossed in a new mop!"

OK, before I posted this I just wanted to make sure I got this correct. It is the "Heart Sale", use promo code heart20. Today was the first time I saw it and it is Valentines day, or disaster day as I call it. It's the day I married my butthead ex the high maintanence Valley Girl. The sale does go till March 6th, so it may not just be a Valentines day sale. I may just be a tad leary of the day because I view it as a land mine waiting for some poor slob to step on it.

Last edited by Guest1; 02-14-2012 at 03:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Header advertising booby trap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I just went on the site and the very first thing I see is an ad for Hoover. A 20% off 'heart' sale. I hope I'm not alone in thinking this, but uh..... How much trouble do you think you would be in if you decided that the thing to do for Valentines day is by your sweety a vacuum cleaner? "Hey honey, I even tossed in a new mop!"

OK, before I posted this I just wanted to make sure I got this correct. It is the "Heart Sale", use promo code heart20. Today was the first time I saw it and it is Valentines day, or disaster day as I call it. It's the day I married my butthead ex the high maintanence Valley Girl. The sale does go till March 6th, so it may not just be a Valentines day sale. I may just be a tad leary of the day because I view it as a land mine waiting for some poor slob to step on it.
Dan: That was great, I'm still laughing! Land mine for sure if someone thinks getting a Hoover would be a good idea for a Valentine's Day gift. I always have trouble with Valentine's Day gifts, this year I took the easy way out and bought the girl friend 2 dozen red roses.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:43 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

depending on what browser you use you can get apps to hide the advertising. I use google chrome ad block pro, its like a mine sweeper and i surf the web free and safe in the knowledge i will be going home in one piece! whether i remain in that sate when the hoover arrives is another question

Addicted To Vise
Old 02-14-2012, 03:51 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

I once bought my EX-wife boat cushions for her birthday. Not a real crowd pleaser that one. So the next Christmas I got her snowshoes.
LOL, can you spell EX??

I've never been accused of being the brightest bulb in the pack.
Gary
Old 02-14-2012, 03:55 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

Do you know why divorce costs as much as it does????

Because it's WORTH it!!!!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 02-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Banned

Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
I once bought my EX-wife boat cushions for her birthday. Not a real crowd pleaser that one. So the next Christmas I got her snowshoes.
LOL, can you spell EX??

I've never been accused of being the brightest bulb in the pack.
Gary
Hahahaha! Yup, that'll get you in trouble. I had a girl friend once that really liked fishing. I actually made her cry with a Christmas present of fishing tackle. She was actually really happy. Unfortunately she's also an ex girl friend. She went insane on me. Iv'e decided that although I'm not insane, I am a carrier. Prolonged exposure to me has bad side effects in women.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:08 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

5 starts to this Valentine's Day thread!!
Old 02-14-2012, 04:26 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

LOL, some things can come back to haunt you. I turned 62 today, and my lovely partner bought me a year's worth of time at the local gym as my birthday present. What's up with that? LOL, like I don't already know.

Gary
Old 02-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
LOL, some things can come back to haunt you. I turned 62 today, and my lovely partner bought me a year's worth of time at the local gym as my birthday present. What's up with that? LOL, like I don't already know.

Gary
Hahaha, the trap goes both ways I guess. Did you ask her if your "butt looks big in these jeans"?
Old 02-14-2012, 05:04 PM

Dan, that really did make me laugh out loud!
Gary