The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Davec921

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 01:49 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Angry STUPIDITY WRIT' LARGE ... This you have to read.

Cabin blocked as prize for raffle fundraiser by ethics review
Old 02-15-2012, 06:08 AM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: STUPIDITY WRIT' LARGE ... This you have to read.

From the story.

Quote:
"I attribute this to the fact that 20 years ago the agency did not have a dedicated ethics office, nor were our agreements/partnership folks as ethically savvy as they are today,"

That right there is some low down bureaucratic bullpoop and one of the stupidest things I've ever read.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:05 AM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

Caused by another lazy government lawyer, who just stops something, instead of earning their pay and working out a reasonable and responsible solution.... They aren't ALL lazy, but I've met (and been forced to work with) my fair share of those that are....

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 02-15-2012, 08:22 AM

Davec921 has a spectacular aura aboutDavec921 has a spectacular aura aboutDavec921 has a spectacular aura about

I fail to see were the violation is.
After reading the whole articial, it is apparent that the cabin, and the trails would not be there if not for that club.
It is the club that maintains the trails, the cabin, and makes maps an gives lessons all from the money made from the raffle.
The only thing I see unethical is how the GOV handled this.
If the club cant get the money it needs then the trails an the cabin will fall in disrepair.
fire instructor likes this.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:56 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, decisions like that make you want to scratch your head and wonder what planet these folks live on!

Old 02-15-2012, 01:33 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davec921 View Post
I fail to see were the violation is.
After reading the whole articial, it is apparent that the cabin, and the trails would not be there if not for that club.
It is the club that maintains the trails, the cabin, and makes maps an gives lessons all from the money made from the raffle.
The only thing I see unethical is how the GOV handled this.
If the club cant get the money it needs then the trails an the cabin will fall in disrepair.
BINGO!

You've got in nailed. What makes this all the worse (and this story has gone International, even showing up in the UK as of this AM) is the 'Cabin' is part of the Forest Service Cabin Rental program. ANYONE can put in a reservation, pay the small fee and you're good to go.

Soooooooo, someone wins the raffle, the Club calls up and makes the reservation and pays the fee. For context, same folks have these sprinkled all over the Boonies in Alaska.

But the Gut of this story is this Club has been major 'bucks up' in the way of $$, time, talent, labor, 365 into this corner of the World, AT NO COST TO THE FED'S., for 20 years.

And now the Fed's are telling them to . If you were they, where would you consider redirecting your efforts?

Bottom line for me here is 'if' I was one of the two Montana State Senators or Congressmen/woman I'd be all over this like 'stink on you know what.'

One more 'proof' that in Washington DC, stupidity flows down hill.

Fred

Last edited by Hardyreels; 02-15-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Language