The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 10:46 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: otter creek video project discussion

The only issue for me is that I don't think I'll be able to fish either of the weekends around when I'll be in Louisville, one weekend I'll be in Detroit for the Midwest Expo and the following weekend I'll be at a rugby match and then driving back to Buffalo. However, I can likely offer a place to stay for a night if you come during the week, plus that gives me a buddy to make the drive down and back with, haha.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 02-24-2012, 11:31 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I figured as much youd be busy for the weekends with spring break, I can do week day trips, why not right?!?! ha

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 02-24-2012, 01:39 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

AJ i forgot about the fly show, gotta get my Allen hat haha. this is always the trouble with planning a meet, getting everyones schedule to work can be tricky. nothing else we can try to plan this out at a later date. gonna be awsome to do either way, but knowing how video stuff and photo shooting is, will be doing more camera set up then fishing. atleast with a few of us in volved we can rotate out. and the only time consuming video will be the fly cam..
Old 02-25-2012, 03:04 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

I got my cable cam rig made for the gopro, I have to set up a new router for my internet at home so I may not see this for a day. I hope to test the rig out later today. Ill post a sample once I can.
Mike
Old 02-25-2012, 03:14 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Sounds great, keep us posted!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 02-25-2012, 07:01 PM

well I have the interwebz back. Ill post a photo of the redneck camera trolly later. Im goign to have to get a spool of cord to run it on, I dont thing I have enough for the larger spans over the river i wanna do.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:21 PM

Click the image to open in full size.

the cable cam is ready for testing. Just need a new spool of cord to fly it on.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:15 AM

Genius! Looks good! I'm excited to see it in action.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:20 PM

im trying to recriut some helpers for wedneday, the waether is forcasted iffy, but will see. not sure I have the length I need for the big span I wanna do, but I hang it on a line soon either way.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:31 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Well bad news guys, i dont think that week we had planned on is going to work too well. After putting up the March calander and looking at that week, wowzers. We have a 33 week appointment with the dr for the baby tuesday even, wednesday I have a webinar at work, then something else is happening thursday that i cant recall and then that weekend my wife has a shower so i'll have to help with the unloading of all that stuff. Im pretty bummed about this but maybe i can make it out there another time.

Storm Drain Bonefisher