The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 10:32 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: otter creek video project discussion

Bummer Geoff, maybe I can make it out your way sometime soon, I hear there's some close-by trout streams in your area!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 02-27-2012, 07:14 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

thats to bad, will have to get together some time, AJ I was talking with Geoff about going out his way to fish, maybe once things warn up and go for smallies. AJ so are still meeting up this run, what was the date we decided? I should have my order in for 2 spools of 320 ft lines for the cable cam, tons of set up time for this shot,, I hope I can get a helper for this. weather doesnt look too promising for wednesday but ill try to test things.. I have an idea for these 300+ lines, I need to make a winder for them so I can retreave the lines easier, I have a cool spot I want to try a really high line to low near one of those cliffs. hmm. geez Im gonna be hualing my hiking pack hahah.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:50 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Yes it is a bummer, I was really looking forward to it, I need to get away something fierce. There are some so-so trout streams within about an hour and a half of me, but dont expect anything over 10". Now if you want some sweet smallie action and warmwater fishing thats excellent, i have you covered plenty for that. Within an hour from my house we can be in some water with 18-22 inch smallies thats wadeable. Good trout water is closer to 3 hours away from me unfortunitly. I still want to try out Otter, just this time is not going to work for me. AJ - please dont tell me about how close or easy access you have to fishing mangroves or flats for snook, redfish, ladyfish and speckled trout at home because I have a REALLY hard time staying out of FL, especially since were moving there in a few years.

I have also decided from another thread im going to work on a movie this summer, maybe 10 minutes if I remember to film, Im going to make a small documentry on my local water, its 3 minutes from my house. if it turns out it should be fun.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 02-27-2012, 09:59 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

Im more interested in the bass, and such. only reason Im trout fishing now is ,,well thats all thats biting.. I cant wait for warm weather so i can try new skills on the bass and try for carp. Geoff where is the smallie location so I can google it.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:33 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Which one do you want? haha. i'll send them to you in a PM or on FB, some of the streams are attempting to being kept to low pressure and C&R only.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 02-28-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
Which one do you want? haha. i'll send them to you in a PM or on FB, some of the streams are attempting to being kept to low pressure and C&R only.
c &r is fine, either or, Just want to get an idea where this is. I got my under water housing today, but it looks like its goign to storm tomarrow..
Old 02-29-2012, 06:55 AM

That storm came thru my area about 3 am and it was short and fast ( thats what she said ). It was over within 15-20 minuts of it showing up. Lots of rain, maybe some hail, i couldnt tell and a little lightning.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 02-29-2012, 12:00 PM

I have 3 waves of storms.. 2am, 4am, 8am.. tornado warning all over, and there is some tornado damage in the county I work, about 15 miles away. ahh.. spring. time to dust off the spotting gear. needless to say there will be no testign of the housing today as we had 2-4 inches of rain and the creek is way up.. ill try again saturday afternoon to get the camera trolley to test. glad all is well where you are Geoff
Old 02-29-2012, 05:45 PM

yeah all is well here. we had a big tornado go thru a pretty populated area down south where my wifes aunt and uncle live, we think they are ok, they are off the pah but still need to check in with them. then two places that have trout parks got hit. all i have heard about the one is a gas station has been removed from exisitance and nothing about the other.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 02-29-2012, 10:17 PM

I seen a bunch on the news, heck elizabethtown near me was in the news also. this time of year gets goofy when it comes to creek fishing.. usually as soon as the water drops another storm hits and floods it again.. might have to hit the pond hahah.. I did get a chance to test the camera trolley in the house today, I need to work on a few things. It wont be hollywood quality but if it allows me to get the camera into a neat spot it should be cool.
Mike