The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 10:34 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: otter creek video project discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Video came out pretty well! You were right, for a first attempt at a release video, besides the first not cooperating and swimming the other direction, that came out pretty well! Too bad the fish were not really biting or we could have taken a lot more video. Hoooray alt footage
for sure.. it the water stays clean Ill be geting alot of that when im there when the stocking truck unloads. its tricky to hold the cam, control the fish and the aim at the same time.. as for the release fish going the wrong way, i like it better in some ways. lot smore time to get more video soon. im going to need another harddrive..
Old 03-15-2012, 09:41 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I watched the video this morning and it looks good man! Hopefully I can still get out there this year.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 03-15-2012, 06:18 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

hopefully the fishing will be better soon.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:18 PM

well today was a bust for the stocking footage. I was called by the folks at the park this morning, the water was still muddy from the recent rain. so they stocked, ill just have to hope the creek cleans up soon. next stock is in April.. so Ill try again then.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:36 PM

1200 new trout in the creek. hope to enjoy a few of them tomarrow
Old 03-21-2012, 10:38 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Bring dries, particularly food-pellet-looking things, it may or may not be completely nuts Plus you'll probably have a proper hatch too, but they should be hitting everything with reckless abandon, in every part of the creek. By tomorrow, they probably won't even have sorted out lies yet, just rushing around trying to eat things.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 03-21-2012, 02:18 PM

13 trout and 9 smallies today. vastly more fun then our recent trips.. im headed to the flying field for the evening, so ill get videos later.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:45 PM

latest video. just to have it all in this thread for later conversations.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:10 PM

https://vimeo.com/39807970

archiving it here. I should have my two rolls of 300ft 3mm cord for the flying camera soon