The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 11:51 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Baseball

Thanks guys, that's what I like to hear!

Dave -- it would be funny if it weren't true!

Eunan -- I pulled for the Phills hard the first time, but now the bloom is off. Sorry buddy, you're just the NL Red Sox now...at least it's the NL. And if you're serious about a fantasy league, count me in!

John -- I've never been to Denver but I'd love to take in a game at Coors.

Ted -- being the mid-westerner that I am, the Twinks have always been my AL dark horse team. But I admit I am excited for Detroit this year. Hate the White Sox, so there you have it.

Rick -- hmmm....it's been a long time since the Cubs and Mets mattered, but I'm old enough to remember. We'll just leave it at that...
Old 02-29-2012, 12:22 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

hey dean,
i too am a die hard cubs fan
so i can feel your pain

2012 fire sale!!

casey

ARFE
Old 02-29-2012, 08:13 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
And if you're serious about a fantasy league, count me in!

Last couple years I just played a simple league on MLB.com. Auto draft, you get the team you're dealt, though you can propose trades and collect players on waivers. Set your team each week, and watch them collapse....seriously thought, i won my league the last few years just by paying attention to rookies and dark horses. I'll set up a league if we get 12 guyd interested that would be cool.
No financial commitment, just for fun....

Addicted To Vise
Old 02-29-2012, 11:59 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by s fontinalis View Post
Last couple years I just played a simple league on MLB.com. Auto draft, you get the team you're dealt, though you can propose trades and collect players on waivers. Set your team each week, and watch them collapse....seriously thought, i won my league the last few years just by paying attention to rookies and dark horses. I'll set up a league if we get 12 guyd interested that would be cool.
No financial commitment, just for fun....
Giddup! I play in a league with the same group of old friends...it's been going for years and years. We use yahoo! which is also very easy, free and user friendly.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
so i can feel your pain
I figured I'd find at least one sympathizer! I am actually hopeful for the Cubs for the first time in many years. Not for this year, per say, but the future looks bright. I was in Mesa, AZ last week for vacation and watched a couple days of team practice.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:42 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

ok, here goes. I've set up a league on MLB.com
Its a simple draft league, all teams are preselected and you get assigned one - 12 teams, 12 players. I signed up as just my NAFFF username, feel free to use whatever name you wish.

The only input required is once a week select your team for the next week - this must be done before the start of play each monday. After that your players are locked for that week once their first game is 30 mins from start time.

The league is called NAFFF Baseball . If you want in, send me a PM with your email address and i'll invite you to join, You will get a direct link to the league
Alternatively (and harder to do)you may be able to join by logging into MLB.com and select to join the PRIVATE league called NAFFF BASEBALL
password is flyfishers

Addicted To Vise

Last edited by s fontinalis; 02-29-2012 at 12:59 PM.