The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge Den (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/)
-   -   The "What's the best thing you've ever found in a used car that you've bought" thread (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/252469-whats-best-thing-youve-ever-found-used-car-youve-bought-thread.html)

raindogt 03-16-2012 10:43 AM

The "What's the best thing you've ever found in a used car that you've bought" thread

A Playboy and a flask (half way full) in the spare tire compartment. -- still have the flask, the contents were immediately disposed of as I found it ~ a year after I had bought it.

The playboy resides at a single friend's house (along with the three years worth of my subscription from way back when...)

go.

Rip Tide 03-16-2012 10:48 AM

Re: The "What's the best thing you've ever found in a used car that you've bought" th

Can't say, but it was a consumable.
I didn't throw it out though. I burnt it :cool:

raindogt 03-16-2012 11:03 AM

Re: The "What's the best thing you've ever found in a used car that you've bought" th

I'm smelling what you're burnin.... :D

I disposed of the contents of the flask only because I found it on a nice July afternoon in the midwest.... Even 18 year single malt would not have been enjoyable after the heat that this was subjected to.... (btw, it was vodka-- so IMO, not worth keeping... <puts on flame retardant suit> )

and, it is still nice to 'read the articles', when I am at my friend's house for tying nights....

fyshstykr 03-16-2012 03:40 PM

"sniff, sniff"....did someone just runover a skunk? :D

cattech89 03-16-2012 05:04 PM

$0.37 and a couple of petrified french fries!

pab1 03-28-2012 10:36 AM

I bought a Subaru hatchback from a coworker 20+ years ago. About halfway through a roadtrip from north Idaho to Utah I had to hit the brakes hard and out of the corner of my eye I saw a 35mm film canister roll out from under the passenger seat. I opened it and sure enough it was full of the "devils lettuce". I threw it out the window and couldn't stop thinking about how lucky I was that I hadn't been pulled over and had a highway patrolman discover it. I would have been as believable as one of the guys you see on the TV show Cops, "Thats not mine...". :eek:

fyshstykr 03-28-2012 04:39 PM

"Devil's Lettuce"? Now that's one I never heard. :D

Rip Tide 03-28-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyshstykr (Post 422335)
"Devil's Lettuce"? Now that's one I never heard. :D

I think that's arugula
:rolleyes:

Liphookedau 03-28-2012 05:09 PM

I've heard it called all things from Whacky Tobaccy,Hooch, Mary J etc,however Devils Lettuce is another I'll have to remember.

In the early days before Laminated Windscreens there would always be piecies of Shattered Glass,I've also found crinckled up chips,hair clips,full ashtrays
Tools,cigarettes,maps,Books,always small amounts of money mostly coins,I even had a couple of Screens break & it didn't matter how good I cleaned the Glass there were always some left.

Also a story told to us,which really cracked me up from one friend about another,apparently years ago when one of these two particular guys were young they raced to settle a bet who had The Fastest Souped up Car,the guy who won inherited the other guy's girlfriend as well however he didn't get the car.
Brian.