The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 02:20 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Talking it comes in threes

They say that bad things come in threes... well poke me with a fork, I'm done.

Dad's former home health care provider claims I owe them ..... 18k
Income tax, Dad's estate owes the IRS...... 44k
I just got laid off

Must be time to go fishin'
Old 03-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: it comes in threes

Jeez....................

I thought this was going to be something funny, guess not. There may be a bright spot in the being laid off but probably not there either unless you say there is.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-27-2012, 03:20 PM

iaflyguy will become famous soon enoughiaflyguy will become famous soon enough

Man... Thats terrible. Im sorry to hear that Rip. I hope good things come in three's as well.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:57 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch! At least you have the right attitude, go fish! (But file for unemployment first.) milt.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:53 PM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

Talk to a good attorney . An estate can file for a form of bankrupcy, and while available liquid assets (cash) disappear, so can the accrued debt, in the end...

Good luck, and if you choose a lawyer whose office is close to a stream, maybe you can get some good fishing in, too!

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky
Old 03-27-2012, 06:55 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

Rick gave you the best advice of all: get an attorney, and the best you can afford.

Someone said "when life hands you lemons, make lemonade." That's interesting advice, but maybe too late for you. But it should be instructive to everyone else here: WHAT KIND OF SHAPE IS YOUR ESTATE IN????

I was not close to my father at all, but will be eternally grateful to him for the family trust he created. We paid no taxes on inheritance, nor even on the home when we sold it. It was all about how his attorney structured the estate. I TRULY do not say this to make Rip feel worse, just as a heads up to others.

I feel for you, Rip Tide, and I hope you find the people that can help you deal with the IRS.
Gary

Gary
wannafish likes this.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:10 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Damn man, I'm sorry to hear that.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:44 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone.
I shouldn't have brought it up, but it all hit the fan at once. It will all work out I'm sure
Old 03-28-2012, 06:41 PM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

Sometimes you just need to tell somebody.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

That's a serious bummer there. I'll buy a lottery ticket. If it wins we split it. Hope everything works out.