The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Electric or blade?

The other day at the store I remembered I needed some new razors so off to the "Manscaping Aisle" I went and nearly passed out when I grabbed my Sensor Blades and seen the price.
Always thought they were pricey, but this time it really hit me. Holy Cow they were like $12.00 for 5 inserts!

Anyway I'm starting to think about an electric razor, or heaven forbid I may go old school and pick up a single blade handle and try that route.

What do you use and why? Cost?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 03-27-2012, 09:35 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electric or blade?

I grew a beard, much easier
Old 03-27-2012, 09:41 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

I had a good electric razor and was impressed by its ability to pull the whiskers out by the roots...Ouch Not only that, it appeared better at rubbing off the whiskers as opposed to actually shaving them. I now buy the cheapo two blade disposables and have never looked back, they actually get better after a shave or two.

If you ever find a barber shop that still gives shaves with a straight razor, go for it. The closest shave you can get, my beard grows slow (shave every other day) but after the straight razor I can go three days and still look good.

Dave
Old 03-27-2012, 10:23 PM

stanbiker has a spectacular aura aboutstanbiker has a spectacular aura about

I go with the neither...but my son just bought a blade that vibrates when you push a button. He says it shaves incredibly close. I didn't dare ask how much $$
Old 03-27-2012, 10:31 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

i use a pair of small electric hair/stash clippers. haven't bought or used a razor in about 5 years

casey

ARFE
Old 03-28-2012, 12:44 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

After 30 years of having to shave every workday, I was ready to go back to the full beard. I still use the pricey multi-blade disposables, but I get a month or more out of each one.
I think I go to the bushy homeless look before I'd use a cheapie like a Bic. Those things are horrid.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 03-28-2012, 02:00 AM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
i use a pair of small electric hair/stash clippers. haven't bought or used a razor in about 5 years

casey
This is my style, too.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:13 AM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

I go lecktrick 80% of the time, and double edge safety razor the rest, blades are cheaper and sharper. milt.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:08 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Fysh,

I have a Braun #7526 also known as a 7000 series. This is one that comes with the cleaning / charging base. The unit is expensive when you ramp up in this type but at 12 bucks per 5 blades it'll pay for itself in the first year. I don't remember the exact price(it's several years old) but over 100. It is my second Braun shaver, I got ten years outta the first one. Good clean shave and holds a charge for a long time.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-28-2012, 07:17 AM

fire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to beholdfire instructor is a splendid one to behold

Electric (Gillette). I get three or so years out of a new one at home, then it moves to my travel kit for another couple of years, then rotates into the recycling bin....

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky