The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default In Duluth, going to fish....

Well the hospitals finally got it together enough to get me an appointment. I saw the neurosurgeon today. I'm going to hit a fly shop and then maybe the Knife River tomorrow. Maybe the Sucker.... I am going to go fish if it kills me come rain or come shine.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:51 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: In Duluth, going to fish....

Good luck fishing Dan, here's hoping it doesn't kill you!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 04-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, here's a quick update. I didn't get to fish. We had a storm you would not believe. I do not recall ever driving on worse roads. It took me almost 9 hours to make it back from Duluth. That's about double normal. I pulled into a conveniance/bait/gas store where you go into lake Kabatogama which is about half way. There was a Highway Patrolman, a St. Louis Co. Sherriff, a Koochiching Co. Sherriff and a tow truck driver. They looked at me and one of them said, "You are the first guy we have seen that isn't in a ditch!" Then asked if I had seen anyone in the ditch. I had.

More update. The insurance company has not said yes to the surgery, and want me to see their doctor. I'm annoyed. On the bright side I may get through the spring fishing before surgery thanks to it. Up till now I have been working long days and trying to get as much fishing as I can in. They are not going to let me fish after the surgery. I asked..... first question.

So if anyone has wondered where I have been lately, either work, fishing or in bed.

Right now I am going to make a few casts, go to work, try and flyfish tonight.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update Dan...hope everything will go well for you
Old 04-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Dan: Thanks for the update, you take care and best of luck with the surgery!

Old 04-11-2012, 02:45 PM

iaflyguy will become famous soon enoughiaflyguy will become famous soon enough

I hope everything goes well Dan. Carry on!