The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 09:43 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Best Day Fishing!!

Well as some of you already know and rest will know now, I've been out of work for the last 5 months. Time spent desperately searching for employment here in Jackson Hole. Having lived here for the last 18yrs the last thing I wanted was to have to leave. Leave I was going to have to do at the end of this month.

So faced with the prospect of leaving this wonderful fishing Paradise I've have been getting all the spring float trips in that I could. Today being one of them. Though the weather did not start out great it was not bad by any means. The fishing was good. We were getting action right from the start on streamers and in several riffles we stopped in on dries.

Just as we pulled into the 3rd run where we spotted fish rising the went from good to great. Anchored up on the bank and Greg hooked a fish, then my iphone beeped. I pulled it out and there in my email was a job offer!! One I've accepted!! The weight lifted from my shoulders was enormous and a huge relief!! I'm staying in the Paradise I call home.

Kind of funny that I did not even get my part time guiding job on the river. But I did get the most needed job of my life in the middle of a the river while experiencing great spring fishing.

I'd like to say to anyone else out there experiencing unemployment troubles, Hang in there!!
mrs_fysh and pa dave like this.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures

Last edited by Davo; 04-21-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:56 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Besf Day Fishing!!

Great news Davo! Congratz! Glad you don't have to go to that "other" state. milt.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:04 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by milt spawn View Post
Great news Davo! Congratz! Glad you don't have to go to that "other" state. milt.
I was very relieved to be converting to being a flat lander!! LOL.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:05 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

that is wonderful news davo! what a coincidence.
can't think of a better way to receive a job offer than that.

casey

ARFE
Old 04-20-2012, 10:50 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Dave, that is awesome to hear, and it sounds like it couldn't have come at a better day. I love those times when the fishing gods smile upon you and the success carries over into other aspects of your life, and this sounds like the perfect example! Congratulations again, buddy, hopefully we can fish together in your paradise in the future.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 04-20-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
that is wonderful news davo! what a coincidence.
can't think of a better way to receive a job offer than that.

casey
Casey

Thanks! It is the best job offer I've ever gotten!!

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Dave, that is awesome to hear, and it sounds like it couldn't have come at a better day. I love those times when the fishing gods smile upon you and the success carries over into other aspects of your life, and this sounds like the perfect example! Congratulations again, buddy, hopefully we can fish together in your paradise in the future.
Guess all my clean living finally paid off!! You make it out this way and we'll find the time to hit some rivers!!

Old 04-20-2012, 11:33 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Great news, Davo. I'm happy for you.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Great news, Davo. I'm happy for you.
Thanks Dean, much appreciated!!

Old 04-21-2012, 12:48 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Day Fishing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
I'd like to say to anyone else out there experiencing unemployment troubles, Hang in there!!
Great advice. I am also very happy for you. Things are very very tough right now. Good luck in your new job.
Dan
Old 04-21-2012, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news Davo!!!!Really happy you finally got a jobMy son has been unemployed for a long while and I do know what you felt....