The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 05:24 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Ever get out of a Theater seat and say What a bloody waste? (Movie-Battleship)

God only knows what it cost to make this complete Tosh, but someone in Hollywood "Green Lighted" multi-millions of dollars of dead loss.

We have a multi-screen theater even in the 'back water' of White City, Oregon; the afternoon shows are $2.50 for Seasoned Citizens. So no great loss if you do a 'well, that killed a couple of hours.' This one I lasted a bit over 30 minutes before I got up and walked out.

Odd part was the theater Mgr. happened to be in the Lobby and asked 'Are you leaving?' Told him that was the dumbest bit of film I've seen in my life, etc.' He gave me a comp. ticket for another show. I wonder if he's already heard that before?????

Which is a good thing as they do have one feature film I'm looking forward to seeing.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:58 PM

innes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Ever get out of a Theater seat and say What a bloody waste? (Movie-Battleship)

I knew that if Rihanna was in it then it would most likely stink. I rarely go to the movies anyways knowing that they'll eventually come out on DVD. Good to hear you got comped. vr
Old 05-27-2012, 08:17 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ever get out of a Theater seat and say What a bloody waste? (Movie-Battleship)

Quote:
Originally Posted by innes View Post
I knew that if Rihanna was in it then it would most likely stink. I rarely go to the movies anyways knowing that they'll eventually come out on DVD. Good to hear you got comped. vr
Film I want to see is the new Jathon Strathmore (spellings all screwed up there) and flipped a coin.

BAD CALL FRED, BAD CALL!

Actually have all his DVD's and watched them on a regular basis.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:16 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Film I want to see is the new Jathon Strathmore (spellings all screwed up there) and flipped a coin.
Actually have all his DVD's and watched them on a regular basis.
Jason Statham?

thanks for the heads up on Battleship, wasn't sure if I wanted to see it or not.

Last edited by darwin; 05-28-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:32 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

big time flop

ARFE
Old 05-28-2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin View Post
Jason Statham?
Click the image to open in full size.

thanks for the heads up on Battleship, wasn't sure if I wanted to see it or not.
Thanks Darwin, total blank on how to spell his name when I typed that. Suspect I have every movie of his ever put out on DVD; fun afternoon entertainment when you just want to sit on your butt and Veg out. Couple of them are questionable, but in the main 'Guy Flick's' all the way.

fae
Old 05-28-2012, 07:50 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

I hear you, I haven't been to the movies since Jurrasic Park came out, there just hasn't been anything worth the coin or the time.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
I hear you, I haven't been to the movies since Jurrasic Park came out, there just hasn't been anything worth the coin or the time.
Same here! I can't remember the last movie I actually went to, much prefer to wait for the DVD.

Fred: Good timing on bumping into the theater manager, at least you got a comp ticket to watch something worthwhile!

Old 05-29-2012, 04:13 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

I've probably been in a theater less than ten times since the smoking section went away. No films so compelling I can't wait for the DVD.
Last one I went to was "Salmon Fishing in Yemen". My wife and I both commented that we wanted to rewind in several spots to look at the scenery. Fun movie, even though there were a couple of scenes that I would have bet would be in there and I would have won. No spoiler, just that it was predictable.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 05-29-2012, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

My wife and I alternately pick what we see in the theater, and she typically picks rom-coms.

I normally leave shaking my head because it seems like they take parts of three older rom-coms, mix them up, and make a new movie out of it.

No matter what kind of movie it is, I want to see something that's conceptually new in some way. Two of the best examples I can think of are Stranger than Fiction and The Invention of Lying.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.