The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mmmmmm Beer good!!

I enjoy good beer very much, just curious as to who enjoys a good cold brewski after a long day on the water?

I love micro-brews and sample more than my fair share, "Fat tire", "Cutthroat", "Hefe's" and "black dog honey raspberry" are amoungst some of my favs. How bout y'all?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 12-06-2007, 08:41 PM

tightlines57 will become famous soon enoughtightlines57 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Mmmmmm Beer good!!

If I'm not driving, or if not in my tube, I don't wait until the end of a long day.

I also enjoy the micros. This lite, or light, beer stuff is like drinking water. The heavier and stronger the beer taste the better. Guinness, Leinies (for you mid-westerners), Sam Adams to name just a few. And of course my own home brew.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

NB's Mothership Wit fast became my favorite this year. I like most all of NB's stuff, but Fat Tire would actually be my next to least favorite. (blue paddle falling dead last) The double IPA Breckenridge released this year Small Batch Beers 471 Double IPA & ESB from Breck Brew - India Pale Ale, Extra Special Bitter Colroado Beers is great, and Odell's 90 Schilling Ale is pretty marvelous as well.

Some Texas breweries are coming out with great stuff as well, with Rahr, Real Ale, and St. Arnolds leading the way.

I have yet to have a bad beer from Full Sail, and there's lots of other great breweries in OR also.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:42 PM

headhunter is on a distinguished road

Good old red white and blue PBR. Ice cold works for me.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Cliff,
I can't believe you don't like "Fat tire", I am not familiar with their other products.

Nobody spoke up on the Black dog either, I have some good memories of sitting in the boat on the Bighorn eating pb&j sandwiches with a bottle of Black dog IPA.
We used to make a stop in Bozeman at the Spanish Peaks Brewery to pick up black dog on the way.
The brewery/restaurant is now closed down(owners divorced?), but another brewery has picked up the recipes and is now producing this nector of the Gods again.

Wasatch out of Park City, Utah makes a tasty "Hefe", so if your in the area fishing the Berry or the Provo and you get thirsty you may want to give them a try, their food is also pretty good.
J.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 12-11-2007, 02:27 PM

Trucha is on a distinguished road

After a day on the water, I enjoy a nice clean lager. But, session drinking I am partial to porters, stouts, and ales. Most of the beer mentioned I have tried at one time or another and have enjoyed them.

I hate Coors.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucha View Post
After a day on the water, I enjoy a nice clean lager. But, session drinking I am partial to porters, stouts, and ales. Most of the beer mentioned I have tried at one time or another and have enjoyed them.

I hate Coors.
Truchsa,
LOL your killin me, Coors Original is my old reliable fall back beer.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

I'll take Fat Tire every time over the average beer featured on a TV commercial, I'm just suggesting you try some of their other stuff too. Kinda like how Stairway is a fine tune, but not my favorite from Zep. NB's Abbey is great, Trippel is marvelous. (both need to be poured into a glass and allowed to warm a bit though)

Come on Trucha, Coors Original is the most reliable source of a hangaround out there. That's gotta be good for something.

PBR really ain't that bad. I'm liking it and High Life more and more lately. Both get featured in a promo night done by a local bar with the best title ever "$2 cans yer daddy drank"

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Cliff,
I will try their others if I see em.

What does "hangaround" mean?
J.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:14 PM

headhunter is on a distinguished road

PBR is better than Banquet Beer.