The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree234Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 10:25 AM

headhunter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Whatcha listenin to?

somehow I have fallen into Woody Guthrie..pretty amazing stuff.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
Looked him up and that's some pretty good stuff. I like that he keeps it sounding more like Old Crow Medicine Show rather than the Tony Rice sound. I'd love to be able to flatpick half as well as Tony, but most of his stuff gets old real quick to me. Kinda like the bluegrass version of "smooth jazz".

Y'all should also check out the South Austin Jug Band. Great stuff. Buddy of mine used to be their bass player, but I think he's had to get a "real job" here recently.
Holy moly Cliff, I just got an e-mail from the Keel web site and they are on tour with Tony Rice.
Ain't that a coincidence that we just happened to be talking about them.

Here is part of it,

WITH TONY RICE
The past week on tour with Tony Rice has been nothing short of stellar. We've done many incredible shows over the years with Tony, but he has brought a whole new bag of magic to the stage this time, and Larry & the Bridge have been conjuring up music from it that has certainly reached new and exciting levels. Tonight is the final night of the run and they are playing to a Sold Out crowd at NPR's Mountain Stage. It should be aired on the radio in the coming months, so stay tuned to our website for more info.

Later this week, the band will be picking in Fairmont, WV tomorrow night at the College Lunch, the Sound Factory in Charleston WV on Friday, and then the Wild Bean in Lewisburg on Saturday. On Dec 28, Larry and Jenny will be doing a holiday duet show in Staunton, VA at Queen City Brewing. All this will gear them up for the biggest night of the year...

Purty cool eh. J.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 12-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

very cool indeed

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:46 AM

Trucha is on a distinguished road

Lately, I have been in a Salsa mood; Victor Manuelle, Gilberto Santa Rosa, La India; but, I have also put on - Brooks and Dunn, Patsy Cline, old R & B. And, because of the holiday spirit, my kids have been playing a lot of Bing Crosby Christmas stuff.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

I just got the "Eagles" latest c.d for Christmas, It's amazing that them fellers still got it goin on.
If your an Eagles fan, I think you will like the new sound.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 12-26-2007, 05:39 PM

tightlines57 will become famous soon enoughtightlines57 will become famous soon enough

You talking about the new double CD? Yes, I also have it. It's a good one, seems a little more country but that's cool.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightlines57 View Post
You talking about the new double CD? Yes, I also have it. It's a good one, seems a little more country but that's cool.
Yes the "Long road out of Eden" c.d.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:49 PM

Craig24 is on a distinguished road

About all I listen to is Texas Country. Bands like Casey Donahew, Bart Crow, Kyle Bennett, Stoney LaRue and stuff like that. I cant get enough of Texas Country Music also known as Red Dirt Music. For anyone that likes country with lots of fiddle and acoustic guitar you should try Texas Country.

Craig
Old 12-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Bud, Red Dirt= the Oklahoma version of TX country. Ragweed and Jason Boland were the originals in that sub-genre.

I like the slightly older Texas country better, especially the Robison's, Adam Carroll, and Pat Green and Jack Ingram before they partially sold out. I'm no die hard Robert Keen fan, but hearing him now and again is good for ya.

My middle name is Craig as well, btw.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:12 PM

Craig24 is on a distinguished road

Hey Cliff

The older Texas Country stuff is awesome. When Ragweed first hit the charts they had alot of country background. Now they are kinda leaning more towards southern rock/country. They are still making great songs just not the same as they use to. I use to be a big fan of Pat Green. That was before he went Nashville and left his Texas country roots behind. There are alot of good bands coming out of Texas right now. I have been to alot of concert and Texas Country ones are always the best. They known how to put on a good show and they don't need all the lights, fog, lasers and **** to do it.

Craig