The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree234Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Whatcha listenin to?

Ya, I saw Pat play Gruene Hall in 98 before he got real big, and had to catch Jack Ingram's mike stand after he knocked it off stage at the Lab (now defunct) in SA. That show or Slaid Cleaves playing Sons in Dallas are probably the best I've seen.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:00 AM

DANIEL J. is on a distinguished road

I listen to the heavy stuff like Mudvayne, Tool, Pro-Pain, and Clutch. I use to play bass guitar in a local heavy metal band called NOTCH. But I just didn't have enough time with my daughter so I quit. I enjoy the solitude of fishing but I also like my heart to race from the fast tempos.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:28 PM
ROVER is on a distinguished road

I'm a heavy metal and rock fan myself. I like bands like korn, slipknot, scars of life, and some lighter rock like linkin park. The classics are always graet too.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:34 AM

If you like slipnot you may like Corey Taylor's new band "StoneSour", I think Korn has come a long way since they began. I'll have to check out scars of life.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Don't know how y'all can stand Linkin Park. That guy's voice is like nails on a damn chalkboard to me.

Y'all should check out the Black Keys though. Great band with a dirty hard rock sound.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:53 PM

I have to agree with on Linkin Park.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

What I Can't Hear You Guys!! The Kids Next Door Have There Car Stereo Cranked Up, Maybe They Will Be Gone Soon, Then We Can Talk.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 03-29-2008, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Geez, those noisy neighbors finally left!!

Been listenin to the "Stones" lately, can't believe they can still get on the stage, must be doin something right.
Also been listening to some AC/DC, always loved their sound!!

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 03-29-2008, 11:15 PM

dorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nicedorian.ducker is just really nice

I LOVE the topic of this thread! IF you were to go through my itunes you would find a HUGE variety of music. I just get sick of stuff quickly I think. Lately I have been listening to Tab Benoit a lot. He is one of my favorite blues artists. Next week though it might be Rodrigo (Classical), Justin Timberlake, Chimera, Linkin Park, Willy Nelson, Led Zeppelin, really almost literally anything except new country music (I MUCH prefer the older stuff), or hardcore gangster rap.

BTW...just tonight I was going through my itunes and looking for what I thought might be the greatest rock song of all time. I would like to put together a list and stick them in a final four type bracket and have all the employees at work vote on 2 match ups a week or something....just for fun.

What do you guys think are some of the greatest rock songs of all time??
Old 03-29-2008, 11:51 PM

shorthaul will become famous soon enough

cruised all the youtube stuff for guitar fingerpickin instruction and ended up with jim questkins jugband with maria mudaur ---then to rick ruskins georgia on my mind arrangement---then i went to plaid synthesized stuff and ended up with pink floyd ----- then robert plant and allison krauss's new effort

ive been on a bob dylan kick for a while---see tag from "ballad of a thin man"