The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree227Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 05:01 AM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Whatcha listenin to?

Heart and company cover Led Zep..........This is just incredible......

milt spawn and gzarboni like this.

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 11-21-2013, 09:12 AM

gzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nice

I love classic rock from the 80s. Queen, AC/DC Loverboy, the Eagles, the Cars, George Thorogood...

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...logs/gzarboni/
Old 11-26-2013, 11:49 PM

buddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the roughbuddhist_palm is a jewel in the rough

Old 11-27-2013, 05:11 AM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

Rain on the windows. It is it's own music.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:35 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

I like this guy and his song.

Old 12-05-2013, 04:16 PM

calftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to behold

Pete Seeger......

Eddy Arnold....can you yodel...
Rip Tide likes this.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:28 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Eddy Arnold perform "Cattle Call" at the Grand Ole Opry in '64(?)
Old 12-05-2013, 05:21 PM

calftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to beholdcalftail is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
I saw Eddy Arnold perform "Cattle Call" at the Grand Ole Opry in '64(?)
Cool...

I used to go over to visit Lou. Lou was born in Idaho Springs Co. in the early '20's and we'd shoot the bull. Before long Lou would offer a taste of Ancient Age bourbon to me and we'd get to tellin' stories, you know how it goes...great stories ! His wife Rita wouldn't let me hop in the saddle of my '71 Ford pick-up and go home after a few AA's. Rita would drag us down to the ole stereo in Louie's man cave and play Eddy Arnold (on 78 speed stereo) for us till we yodel'ed our-self to sleep.

Yodel dee dee dee...singin' the cattle song.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:48 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

My father's friend owned a few small Tenn. country (and western ) radio stations and us Yankees were invited to sit up front and center at the Ryman when we visited. Went a couple of times in the early '60s as a kid.
Minnie Pearl, Grampa Jones, Earl Scruggs, Eddy Arnold.. met Ernest Tubb.... it was wicked cool.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

I was actually at this very show at Opryland in 1978 !

Old 12-05-2013, 06:52 PM

Government stuck me down in Killeen Tx. in '66 and I lernt the "Texas two step", "the waltz" and eating cheese enchiladas with pointed shoes and a 4 inch brimmed hat. Loved it and hated it !

A veterans lament..... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...9XIiWaSPXDb3sA