The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree259Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 02:23 PM

itchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud ofitchmesir has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whatcha listenin to?

John Butler... Amazing musician...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMRC...e_gdata_player
Old 02-27-2014, 01:11 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

I pulled out my LP's last month and I've been enjoying a lot of my old favorites and reviewing stuff I can't remember what it sounds like. I remembered that I didn't like the Spooky Tooth album, "You broke my Heart..." I didn't remember that it was just GOD AWFUL! Really, so bad, it could pass for a parody.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 02-27-2014, 03:15 AM

perryk is on a distinguished road

Just got back from a Fred Eaglesmith evening...

And his backup girl Tif Ginn...
Old 03-22-2014, 07:55 PM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

Wandering around in YouTube I found this incredible recording of a Jackson Browne song done by Kiki Dee. Elton John is on the keyboards. I had the album years ago and still firmly believe it to be one of the best I ever heard. If all you ever heard of this singer is "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart", you've never heard her at all. Give her a listen, but it isn't upbeat.

jaybo41 likes this.

I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:07 PM

lv2nymph is a name known to alllv2nymph is a name known to alllv2nymph is a name known to alllv2nymph is a name known to alllv2nymph is a name known to alllv2nymph is a name known to all

Like others have stated I'm stuck in the sixties & seventies. From what I hear on the radio it isn't a bad thing.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Been on a 'Hinder' kick lately.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 04-07-2014, 04:40 PM

lthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of light

As of late.....it's been John Coltrane with a bit of The Tragically Hip thrown in the mix.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD
milt spawn likes this.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:40 PM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

Elliot Brood: Awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqmYwvUdwCY
Old 04-16-2014, 10:12 AM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

set the video settings to HD, put on your headphones and take this one in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oGwCNdnpO0
milt spawn likes this.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:15 AM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

In Vancouver on business... good meetings today, and now enjoying my beer/wine/seafood buzz... got the PC on shuffle mode while hammering away on my keyboard... last few to play through;
--Diary of a Madman (Ozzy)
--Fox on the Run (Sweet)
--Sin With a Grin (Shinedown)
--Stargazer (Rainbow)
--Holiday (Scorpions)
--You Better Run (Pat Benatar)
--Revolution Calling (Queensryche)
--20th Century Toy (T-Rex)
--Princess of the Dawn (Accept)
--and on and on...

Not sure if it's just the particular mood I'm in right now, but Blackmore's solo in Stargazer may be the greatest 6-string accomplishment in hard rock history!
jaybo41 and dean_mt like this.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring