The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree210Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 06:37 AM

glassroddr has a spectacular aura aboutglassroddr has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Whatcha listenin to?

It seems the older I get, the wider the range of music I appreciate. I loved the british progressive rock bands of the 70's when I was a teen, and recently rediscovered them. Having a teen learning guitar in the house helps.

Marc.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:57 PM

DryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura aboutDryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura aboutDryFlyGuy has a spectacular aura about

Behind the wall of sleep, right now.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CnD3VbjACTM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CnD3VbjACTM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
Old 06-02-2009, 09:44 AM

ksbrowntrout2 has a spectacular aura aboutksbrowntrout2 has a spectacular aura about

Im probably going to get scolded and made fun of for this...but I like listening to rap...
Old 07-17-2009, 12:04 PM

Mnflyfish is a jewel in the roughMnflyfish is a jewel in the roughMnflyfish is a jewel in the rough

I like a wide range of music. mostly nowadays its country, such as big-n-rich, kenney chesney, big tobe, jason aldean. like th classic country too. of course the 80's hairbands. even like some classical. weird huh!!
Old 07-17-2009, 03:08 PM

2Rymans is on a distinguished road

I'm a classic rock guy for the 60's, 70's and 80's. Also love the blues like willie dixon, etta james, leadbelly..... Also was a big fan of Stevie Ray Vaughn and thought I'd never hear anyone like that again. Well, my nephew turned me on to a young guy by the name of Jonny Lang (wander this world)and wow, I was blown away. That led me to a guy named Kenny Wayne Shepard (ledbetter heights), incredable. That took me to Walter Trout and Joe Bonamassa, Eric Lindell.......

Well let me tell you, there are a lot of rock/blues players that are every bit as good as SRV, they are following in his footsteps and doin a good job.

2rymans
Old 07-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Rymans View Post
Well let me tell you, there are a lot of rock/blues players that are every bit as good as SRV,
False.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Rymans View Post
they are following in his footsteps and doin a good job.

2rymans
True.

If you don't enjoy this, I've got a beak.

[YOUTUBE]DzTpg9f4oF8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]xZ40kVRvcdk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]V85V5aDEeSk[/YOUTUBE]

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:53 PM

ksbrowntrout2 has a spectacular aura aboutksbrowntrout2 has a spectacular aura about

UGH...those were not my songs
Old 08-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Been listening to the Steve Miller Band lately. The good stuff never gets old.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 08-02-2009, 07:42 PM

w1eed is on a distinguished road

a vast variety. Alot of country, very very very little rap, rock, oldies, jazz... right now luke bryan "we rode in trucks" the slower version is on
Old 08-27-2009, 10:33 PM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
Don't know how y'all can stand Linkin Park. That guy's voice is like nails on a damn chalkboard to me.

Y'all should check out the Black Keys though. Great band with a dirty hard rock sound.
I Second the Black Keys... Right now- listening to Tom Waits-Glitter and Doom tour bootleg.

edit// For the record-- I was there....//