The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Garbage pick-up......

Your friend is a good man, good Karma is coming his way soon.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-23-2008, 03:56 PM

DANIEL J. is on a distinguished road

You have a very good point, I've made it a habit to pick up as much trash as I can. I also encourage my daughter to fill at least one trash bag when we are out. I am sad to say I'm a smoker, but you will never find any of my butts, because the wife always finds them in my pockets when she does the laundry after a fishing trip. Boy it drives her crazy. By pocketing my butts I think I've earned some respect from my non-smoker fishing buddies. It doesn't take much effort to keep things beautiful.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Atta Boy Daniel!!!
Getting your daughter to understand and respect nature at a young age is a great thing, and I commend you for it.

The butt thing is funny, though I bet your wife was 'fit to be tied' when she found that mess in the washer. LOL.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-23-2008, 04:40 PM

DANIEL J. is on a distinguished road

The wife doesn't get too mad cause some of them are hers. The family and I are very fortunate to live and fish in a awsome state. Everywhere I take my little girl to fish she is just amazed how beautiful it is and I make sure she understands what it takes to keep it that way.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:05 AM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about

I have always left with more trash than i came with, It is also a good idea to get your fishing club to have a stream clean up day followed by a picnic and some fishing. We have a beach clean up 2 times a year and it is great Public relations and a fun get together.
Jim
Old 01-24-2008, 06:18 PM

mhd01 is on a distinguished road

We are looking at giving one free fly for each bag of stream trash the customers brings in. I am talking true customers like when they buy something we plan on giving them a small trash bag with the shops name on it and when they pick up the old worm boxes and other items left on the stream side they can return it for one free fly and then start over. Do you guys think this will work?
Old 01-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi mhd01,

I think that is a heck of an idea. Make it a fairly small bag so they won't be reluctant to take it along. That is good thinking on your part. I think fly fishers will do it even if you don't give them a fly. I hate to say it but bait fishers are the worst abuser.

You also make a point that I emphasize quite often. Fly shops know who their customers are. If you go into a new shop the very best way to get help and information is to buy flies, maps, leaders, tippet material and other items you need for the trip. I make it a point to buy something even if I don't need it. This has paid off for me many times.

Frank
Old 01-24-2008, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:56 PM

mhd01 is on a distinguished road

Yea it will be a small bag and may even post bag counts for a season and the most gets a bigger prize at the end of the season.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:48 PM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about

I feel cleaner already GOD bless America