The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 06:33 AM

jhammer has a spectacular aura aboutjhammer has a spectacular aura about
Default Losing a pet :(

I found out yesterday evening that our cat Abbey passed away. She was 15 years old. It's so sad losing a pet who you consider a member of the family. She acted more like a dog than a cat. She would actually play fetch with toy mice we had. The funniest thing is that we would chase each other through the house. I'd chase her, then she'd chase me! Abbey was also very loving and whenever someone was hurt or sad, she was there to comfort. Of course, she slept with me every night right by my head and guarded me hahaha.

RIP Abbey!

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:16 PM

fly_or_die is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Losing a pet :(

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Jhammer,
Our pets do become family members, leaving a void when they move on.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 07-09-2012, 01:49 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

JH...my wife and I just bathed our dog Scooter. His hips are nearly gone now and he's been incontinent for a while, although meds have helped with that. In the last month the down spiral with his hips has been increasing and I fear that in another couple of weeks he'll be unable to get around.

He has a little energy burst daily from about 5-7 p.m. and I've relished those hours lately....but I can't let him go on like this....he still is happy and proud and not in pain that's evident...and I can't let him hurt or lose his dignity. Tomorrow is his last day. This is going to be really hard, but I have to protect him like he's protected me for 13 years...boy, this hurts.

So, I share your feelings...your pet's love is so completely unconditional and true...and they place their trust and their hearts in our hands without reservation.

-Mike
Old 07-09-2012, 02:32 PM

spiderninja will become famous soon enough

I'm sorry to hear that. It is very hard to lose a pet, especially one that provides us so much companionship like dogs and cats. We had to put down our cat Tau last new years eve after he went back into diabetic keto-acidosis. We still miss him very much even though we have a couple new dingle berries terrorizing the house.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

JH: Sorry to hear that you have lost Abbey! Losing a pet is a very hard thing to have to go through.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:16 PM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

Jhammer, I sympathize with your loss. We had to put our 15 year old dog Penny down two weeks ago and it was awful. Every time I come through the door I expect to see her wagging at me. Remember the good times.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:54 PM

jhammer has a spectacular aura aboutjhammer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa dave View Post
Jhammer, I sympathize with your loss. We had to put our 15 year old dog Penny down two weeks ago and it was awful. Every time I come through the door I expect to see her wagging at me. Remember the good times.
I know what you mean. I keep expecting to hear Abbey's little bell on her collar jingling when I come home.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:28 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

It's rough, I feel ya brother, not to long ago we had to put down our dachshund, Stretch, he was called. My cat turns 18 in september and i'm starting to get a little nervous, But I think we can get her to atleast 22 but we will see.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:48 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice

Sorry to hear. i had our beagle put down a few months ago, toughest trip to the vet ever! he was 16 yrs old.