The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gopro Owners?

I bought a GoPro2 a few months back and am still learning the ropes with it. It seems that no matter which setting I record on I'm really not getting that long a battery life and always seem to run out of battery power. I charge both batteries before planning to use also.

How long do your batteries last per type of recording?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 08-01-2012, 02:16 PM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Gopro Owners?

With my regular gopro hd (not the hero 2) I would get at least 6 hours. Enough to fill a full day at work while I was in trees.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Oh No...............

You're not gonna have that strapped to your head are you fysh You'll look like a miner.
milt spawn likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-01-2012, 07:40 PM

watson has a spectacular aura aboutwatson has a spectacular aura about

John,
I have one but I tend to run out of memory long before I ever run out of battery?

I want to say I get roughly 5 hours out of each battery and I have several 8g memory cards.

I know my buddy has the extra battery pack thing and that may help?
But I just carry a spare all charged up and all together that seems to easily take care of a weekend, selectively filming of course.

However I am ordering a goalzero solar charging kit, just to help facilitate in any battery troubles I may run into while on the river.

Good luck with that and I am already looking forward to any clips you end up putting together!

Cheers,
Watson
Old 08-01-2012, 08:52 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

We each have the Hero2, battery life, if charged before use is about 2-3 hr. using 960p. I also bought a couple of Wasabi batteries and charger. Little more mah rating and less expensive then OEM.
I usually shut it off. It turns on quickly. I got Joni the WiFi bac pak. That setup is great.