The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 04:40 PM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice
Default Forum Newb From PEI Saying Hi

Sorry if this is the wrong place to introduce myself, I didn't see a specific place for introductions. Mods please move if there is a better place.
I love fly fishing and getting into the woods. I tie my own flies. I fish mostly for sea run brook trout. A much more silvery version of the native inland brook trout. I also dabble in knife making and wood working. Look forward to learning and sharing with new fly fishermen and women.
cheers.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:04 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forum Newb From PEI Saying Hi

Welcome to the forum Noreaster.

Hope you have some pics of the sea run brookies to post. I didn't even know they would run to the sea...Very interesting. New members bring fresh ideas and experiences (what this forum is about) and all that is asked is for you to enjoy the site and don't be bashful about sharing your stories.

Take advantage of the search option also, there is a great wealth of information hidden in there.

Dave
noreaster likes this.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:00 AM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Welcome to the forum Noreaster.

Hope you have some pics of the sea run brookies to post. I didn't even know they would run to the sea...Very interesting. New members bring fresh ideas and experiences (what this forum is about) and all that is asked is for you to enjoy the site and don't be bashful about sharing your stories.

Take advantage of the search option also, there is a great wealth of information hidden in there.

Dave
I'll post some for sure

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:44 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum! Interesting coloration on the sea run Brookie.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:09 AM

Thanks for the welcome.
The coloration pattern on sea run brookies here on Prince Edward Island, can vary quite a bit, depending how long they have been in fresh water following their overwintering at sea. All the fresh water sources here empty into then Atlantic ocean.
The trout use the opportunity to follow, the schools of Krill shrimp gorging themselves and returning with a real silvery appearance, on the outside and a real deep red inside.
They have a vitality and energy to them that always makes you think you have a larger fish on than it actually is.
I love them and have a hard time imagining myself ever fishing anything else. Brown trout, I too have seen from the sea. Very striking appearance. Silvery with huge black dots.

cheers
Old 08-12-2012, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

noreaster....just noticed the french flag on your fishing bag....so you must be a nice guy
Old 08-12-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
noreaster....just noticed the french flag on your fishing bag....so you must be a nice guy
Thanks for the kind words.
My Grandparents are Acadian from Bathurst N.B. on Mom's side. Dad's back ground is English. So I have always liked the underdog story and the rich Acadian history in the area. Tough good natured folks. I know enough french to get by but wish I knew more. I 've had that bag for a while now. Belonged to my Dad.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:35 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum. Love those Salters such awesome looking fish! Be looking foward to future posts!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 08-13-2012, 08:37 AM

trout_onfly_junkie has a spectacular aura abouttrout_onfly_junkie has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the club Noreaster. I too am an islander. Haven't had any success chasing sea run trout yet, but I hope to get in to some before this season is through. Who knows, we may cross paths at some point, after all the island isn't that big....
noreaster likes this.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout_onfly_junkie View Post
Welcome to the club Noreaster. I too am an islander. Haven't had any success chasing sea run trout yet, but I hope to get in to some before this season is through. Who knows, we may cross paths at some point, after all the island isn't that big....
Nice to meet you and hey ya never know the island is a small place.