The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouses or significant other.....

You bring up an interesting point, many, many men will just walk right past my wife and not even look at her, she will say hi and hows it goin? and more often than not they just ignore her, intimidated I guess, and my wife is a purty gal who is very friendly with most everyone she meets.

I like seeing purty gals on the river, it just makes the day even brighter.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-08-2008, 12:22 PM

DANIEL J. is on a distinguished road

I think I'm pretty lucky, I have a beautifull long legged blonde wife who loves to fish with me. I just taught her three years ago and her and my daughter outfish me alot. They mainly use bait while I use flys or spinners. The wife is finally showing interest in fly fishing, now maybe she'll outfish me there as well. I doubt it.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:26 PM

Sometimes it's tuff to fish when she's in a string bikini, esspecially for the other fisherman.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:11 PM

zerolimit is on a distinguished road

Well, I'm divorced (that may have something to do with why I have had so much time to pursue fly fishing during the past year and a half). Finding a woman with a drift boat would be absolute heaven.

My ex-wife was an outstanding angler. All spin fishing but she loved to be on the water. It was one of the few activities that we could both be equally excited about sharing together.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIEL J. View Post
Sometimes it's tuff to fish when she's in a string bikini, esspecially for the other fisherman.

Daniel J, I think I've seen you folks before.LOL

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-08-2008, 03:21 PM

I'll have to post a pic of the wife, she will definitely give the fly girls a run for their money.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerolimit View Post
Well, I'm divorced (that may have something to do with why I have had so much time to pursue fly fishing during the past year and a half). Finding a woman with a drift boat would be absolute heaven.

My ex-wife was an outstanding angler. All spin fishing but she loved to be on the water. It was one of the few activities that we could both be equally excited about sharing together.

Zero,
You need to be on the Henrys Fork in August when "Larry Keel and Natural Bridge" stop in town, The single guides there have died and gone to Heaven because all the college co-eds from the valley come up, they seem to really like fly guides.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:18 PM

zerolimit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
Zero,
You need to be on the Henrys Fork in August when "Larry Keel and Natural Bridge" stop in town, The single guides there have died and gone to Heaven because all the college co-eds from the valley come up, they seem to really like fly guides.
Well, I've got socks older than some of them but hey....
Old 01-17-2008, 04:48 PM

fatguide is on a distinguished road

I've got to be the luckiest man in the world.

I have been married to the youngest, of two daughters, of a flyfisherman for many, many years. She was the one he drug all over fly fishing, so she didn't have too much trouble getting used to me.

She loves to camp, fish, and just hang out in the woods. She can row a boat down a river better than most men. We were married on a raft, floating the Deschutes River.

I never have to ask if she wants to go camping, I know she does. It's always just a matter of where.

Rover you better marry that girl, sounds like she's a "keeper".

fish or DIE
Old 01-18-2008, 08:47 AM

Trucha is on a distinguished road

My prettier half likes going with me. Now with little kids, she can't really go and fish much. My 10 Y/O daughter is going with me now. Here is my wife with a San Juan 19 1/2 inch trout.

Click the image to open in full size.

Not too bad for a southpaw from Iowa.