The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2008, 02:19 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spouses or significant other.....

Wondering how many members have a Spouse or significant other that goes fishing with them? Ties with them?

I love having a wife that enjoys this game as much if not more than I do, so many great memories and time spent together.

I just wish I could get her to row more, maybe this is the year.

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 01-05-2008, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouses or significant other.....

So what's the deal?
Everyone is single and has no s/o? or what?

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 01-05-2008, 03:49 AM

trout champ will become famous soon enough

Well, I'm single...

No wives, ex-wives or girlfriends.

Randy
Old 01-05-2008, 07:33 AM

Wyatt is on a distinguished road

The wife goes along but so far has been more into bobber&Bait fishing still working on getting her into flyfishing, have just started learning to tie and she is real interested in that, the daugther is the one that likes to flyfish and would everyday if she could.
Wyatt
Old 01-05-2008, 08:09 AM

shorthaul will become famous soon enough

Hmmmph----my x-wife Lovely!!!-

I was headed out the door ice fishing with five gal bucket full of ice rods and tip ups and jigs and auger when she yelled ---

"Hey you forgot this"

I opened the bag and saw ice cube trays full of ice cubes.

I said "whats this ? "

she said "Your Bait !, HAHAHAHA HAHAHA"

and that was the tip of the iceburg---(no pun intended).
Old 01-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorthaul View Post
Hmmmph----my x-wife Lovely!!!-

I was headed out the door ice fishing with five gal bucket full of ice rods and tip ups and jigs and auger when she yelled ---

"Hey you forgot this"

I opened the bag and saw ice cube trays full of ice cubes.

I said "whats this ? "

she said "Your Bait !, HAHAHAHA HAHAHA"

and that was the tip of the iceburg---(no pun intended).

That is hillarious!!!

Old 01-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout champ View Post
Well, I'm single...

No wives, ex-wives or girlfriends.

Randy

You my friend need a good woman, one that comes into the relationship with a driftboat.
It's funny, the wife and I will joke about all the men we see on the river, we joke about these men saying about me, "look at that poor sucker, he's gotta take his wife fishing with him".
I couldn't find a better fishing partner anywhere, and she makes a killer sandwich on the river, maybe I had better show some pics of her sandwiches(yes I have pics), they are sooo gooood!

Old 01-05-2008, 05:28 PM
ROVER is on a distinguished road

My girlfriend(wife some day) was hesitant to come fishing with me at first. The first time we went, i took her on an hour drive and got to the spot. When we went to step off the path to get to one of my favorite holes, I rallized she had worn sandles. I guess it was my fault. I should have prepared her better. She sisn't want to let that ruin our day though. I crossed over a fallen tree strung between two boulders and jumpped down onto a flat rock half submerged in the water, i set the gear down and turned around to go back for the girl but to my surprise she was standing right beside me already setting up her rod like i had shown her the day before.

She outfished me that day....and i wasn't even ashamed when she yelled " i caught a fishie" after she hooked up her first rainbow trout.

I think she will make a great wife.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Get used to her out fishing you, it has become a common occurance in this relationship.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:59 PM
ROVER is on a distinguished road

haha. Its funny. Guys give her a mean look when she walks to the river with me, but when she out fishes them in the first ten minutes, The look turns to a bewildered and respectful one.