The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 01:36 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default This past three weeks has been the longest three years in my life.

For those of you who've fished with me, know me, know Husky.

130 pounds of loving Fuzz Ball. He finally passed away this evening at age 13. Loyal to me to the last, and I too him. Sleeping a few feet away when he gave himself up to God.

I wish him a nice beach and warm sun on his back as he walks with God.

Frederick Arthur Evans
Old 10-04-2012, 01:44 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This past three weeks has been the longest three years in my life.

Fred I wish there was something I could say to make things better. There never is though. When I lost my dog Speedy I said I had relatives I will miss less than that dog. I still feel that way. I feel for you.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:56 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Dan, this past three weeks has been total hell. Didn't have the heart to just 'put him down.' Husky occupied 1/3'ed of a queen side bed (Sandy the Yellow Lab got another quarter) every night. He'd sleep with his muzzle over my lower legs.

Never woke up without him looking at me waiting for a chin chuck and a hug.

He was a living definition of the word "Loyal" for me.

Fred
Old 10-04-2012, 02:48 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

The nurse at the vets office gave me a puppy a couple years after I lost Speedy. He was almost my last Dog. I was afraid I'd think any dog after him was stupid, ( he was the Einstein of Dogs) and I took it really hard loosing him. I'm glad I took her. It might be a while before you are ready for a new Dog, but I hope you get one. I spoil mine rotten. If you don't get one you are stuck with just people, and you know what stinkers they can be.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:06 AM

Indeed DD, indeed. Still have my Yellow Lab Sandy but he's in total confusion. The two have been 'Bud's' for close to 10 years. Five of those as the neighbors dog who went everywhere with me. The last 5'ish as the occupier of 1/3'rd of a Queen sized bed.

Odd as it may sound, having that much room in bed (as little time as I've been there in the past three weeks) feels really odd. Doubt I've slept more than a couple of hours at a time over a long stretch. Only long term sleep, I 'drank' myself into a position that I just had too. Heavy clothing on and slept next to him on the concrete back deck. Woke up next to him with his head/chin snuggled up over my chest. And that was as far as he could move; back hips/legs had totally given up at that point.

Fred
Old 10-04-2012, 04:35 AM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

Be happy for him, Fred; his pain is over, though yours, at his loss, will linger. Revel in the memories you made with him. And many, many of us feel your loss, I'm sure.
Gary
Old 10-04-2012, 04:59 AM

So true G5, so true.

Have tons of photos of he/Sandy/me and have been going through them all these past month/days. Good companion; solid friend.
Fred

Edit: Greatest one is of him standing between my legs on the river. Huskers fav thing to do was walk/wade up behind someone he knew and stick his head/shoulders (2.5'is foot wide) between your legs and watch you fish. Had to warn everyone about this 'habit.' First time he did it to me he put me face down in the river.

Always stood legs apart, knees loose after that. Not a question of 'if,' just a question of 'when.' Great photo of that on the wall.

Last edited by fredaevans; 10-04-2012 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Add
Old 10-04-2012, 05:12 AM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Sorry to hear about Husky. We know what you're going through. Joni and I have always had smaller dogs. They also seem to die of old age. Shadow- 16 years, Strat was 17, Elvis was 17. When Baxter goes, it'll really kill me. Hopefully it'll be a long time from now.
Fred, hang in there.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:08 AM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

Sorry to hear about your best friend passing. I love my dogs like kids. Unconditional love they give. They are the most excited to see me at the end of the day out of my whole family. They really do elevate the best in humanity.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for your loss....always hard to lose a pet...lost my seventeen year old cat a few months ago...sometimes think he's still going to be at home when I come back from work...