The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 08:09 PM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Why Why Why some anglers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
Next time I'm going to remain silent, switch over to the biggest fly I have and see if I can "accidentally" catch me a pair of waders.
Make certain if the jerk who is wearing them has something expensive on like Simms G4's or a pair of Patagonias you give a couple of extra yanks so that "snag" gets a nice big hole ripped into it....er I mean so you can get your fly back!
fysh and fishtheworld like this.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:10 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

My buddy who loves spey casting for steelhead said a nice long spey rod with a couple hooks on the end of the line can create some elbow room

Last edited by williamhj; 10-07-2012 at 11:20 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-07-2012, 09:26 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

All you have to do to avoid people like that is grow a beard and fequently talk to yourself out loud. Throw in an air hankie or two and most folks give me a wide bearth!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:20 PM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma

Or,,, turn your back on them and let your clouser zing above their heads on a back cast. Talking to the fish in the water helps deter crowders also Bill
fishtheworld likes this.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:10 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Thats how trout fishing at certain places in MO are. Two things make them go away very quickly though....very open fly line loops and cigars Delpoy both and you'll be back to yourself.
fishtheworld likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 10-08-2012, 09:48 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Stl Geoff on the money cigars are a great deterrent ! On a boat nasty lunches like liverwurst and onion sandwiches are a great stopper as well as seasick producer. Used to get on party boats early to get a prime stern spot only to have some guy try to fish over my back. A well placed missed hookup with a big rod moves them fast when it hits them in the head!
I grew up doing alot of combat fishing and for the most part whether it was the Montauk surf or the Salmon river town pool most anglers were courteous and made room. When you got the occasional squeeze in idiot the masses would let him know take a hike or be drowned . That always put a smile on my face.
Recently at a dam in West Virginia had a local ask if he could share the spot I had knowing I was fly casting and it was tight. Turned out to be a terrific angler and we shared the spot and info all week. Pays to be nice!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 10-08-2012, 09:53 AM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
All you have to do to avoid people like that is grow a beard and fequently talk to yourself out loud. Throw in an air hankie or two and most folks give me a wide bearth!
So that is a picture of you in your signature line? I was wondering so.....
Old 10-08-2012, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately...it won't be the last time it's going to happen to youIt's even worse when you wade a stream and some b*****"overtake" you....the best thing to do is to "noisily" catch fish behind them and release them more "noisily"....really exciting and enjoyable
Old 10-08-2012, 11:28 AM

fishtheworld is on a distinguished road

I like the idea of cigars
Old 10-08-2012, 11:57 AM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold

If you knew me, then you’d have heard me say “ People beget People, Cars beget Cars.”

Have you ever parked your rig in the outdoors within sight of a roadway, somewhere that no one ever really parks. Suddenly it’s as if the whole worlds decided to see what’s going on there?

Most humans are of the herding variety and many of the anglers I’ve met are no different. They follow the lead of doers. Parking where they see other cars and if they see someone fishing, they’ll try to herd up. Figuring that the first one there, "must be in the know", even if they aren't "in the fish".

TT