The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 10:54 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Humm, Oregon's doing well in the football 'whose-who.'

NCAA re-rank 1-124: Our list from first to last
Paul Myerberg, USA TODAY SportsShare
5 Comment

11:09AM EST October 9. 2012 - Now that we've fully digested this past weekend's results, it's time to re-rank the entire FBS from first to last. I'll re-rank all 124 teams each week during the regular season and again after the national championship game on Jan. 7.

Alabama will remain atop this week's list despite not playing on Saturday. In fact, based on the number of undefeated, title-contending teams that lost this weekend, the Crimson Tide's bye week might have come at an opportune time. (I'd only subscribe to this theory if Alabama seemed beatable, which it does not.)

As mentioned last week, it's easy to pick No. 1. Picking No. 124, on the other hand, comes with a higher degree of difficulty. Should Tulane hold on to the bottom spot? Has Massachusetts done enough – done enough of not doing enough – to move below the Green Wave?

As you'll see below, I've highlighted those teams that made a significant move, whether up or down, in this week's re-ranking.

1. Alabama (5-0, 2-0)
2. Oregon (6-0, 3-0)
3. West Virginia (5-0, 2-0)
4. South Carolina (6-0, 4-0)
5. Florida (5-0, 4-0) – UP 7
6. Kansas State (5-0, 2-0)
7. Notre Dame (5-0, 0-0)
8. Ohio State (6-0, 2-0)
9. Oregon State (4-0, 3-0)
10. Texas (4-1, 1-1)

ETC., ETC.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:08 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Humm, Oregon's doing well in the football 'whose-who.'

And only 2 SEC teams in the top 10. How shameful. But I do love watching Oregon play, usually I'm dragged in first to see whatever new craziness is going on with their uniforms, then I end up watching what is usually a dynamic offense. And as far as dynamic offenses go, that's a reason I've enjoyed watching WVU this year, at least when they are on offense. Their defense, on the other hand, occupies a position similar to the Colts D from the Peyton era.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...