The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By kglissmeyer1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 04:05 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Magazine Cover Shot

Hey all, just a shout out to my son, Michael. For my last article published in March of this year in Flyfishing & Tying Journal, I sent several photographs for the article that they ended up not using. Got a call a couple of weeks ago from Amato books and they are using one of those photos for their cover on the issue coming out in a couple of weeks, the Winter 2013 issue. This is a picture Michael took a couple of years ago on Idaho's Big Lost River.

Here is the link for the mag showing a picture of the next cover: AmatoBooks.com: Flyfishing & Tying Journal

Click the image to open in full size.

And here is the original picture I submitted:
Click the image to open in full size.

Best Fishes,

Kelly.
Hardyreels, fysh, mcnerney and 1 others like this.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Magazine Cover Shot

Kelly: Wow, that is great news, Michael must be on cloud nine seeing his photo on the cover of a national magazine.

Larry

Old 10-20-2012, 05:34 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

Beautiful photo, congrats to you & your son!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 10-20-2012, 08:46 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Great photo. Congratulations.... What camera did he use?

Neil
Old 10-22-2012, 12:55 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

No one will believe me when I say he used a Point-and-shoot, but he did. We've owned several over the past few years, with our favorites being the Pentax waterproof models.

All of my photos that have accompanied my magazine articles over the past few years have been shot with P&S cameras.

However, I just secured a nice Nikon DSLR that will most likely become my go-to especially for macro work.

Thanks, all for your kind remarks. Upcoming I'm looking at articles in near-future Flyfisher, Flyfishing & Tying Journal and hopefully in Fly Tyer. It's been a fun ride so far.

Kelly
Old 10-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to you and your sonhope you've bought several magazines