The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge Den (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/)
-   -   Another Duct Tape Post (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/300157-another-duct-tape-post.html)

MoscaPescador 10-22-2012 01:39 AM

Another Duct Tape Post

About two and a half years ago, I made a thread about another use for duct tape. Well here is another.

If you're a bush pilot, try to keep that food smell out of your airplane. Or the bears may have a field day with your plane.

Dennis

Hardyreels 10-22-2012 01:51 AM

Re: Another Duct Tape Post

Where do you find these things??

I believe that alright! You know that the Wasilla Wal Mart sells more Duct Tape than any other store in the country right? At least we were the leaders and I doubt that it changed. I just bought 2 rolls last week getting ready for the winter trips to the cabin. Never know when I'll have to fix the snowmachine and I always have a couple rolls in the gear.

If you check the last post I made to the Broken Rod Poll you will see that I did not have a roll along last Friday or I would'a fixed that Spey rod :D

Liphookedau 10-22-2012 03:10 AM

I Agree,Duct Tape is one of The Best items anyone can carry,you can patch about anything with it,I carry a Roll evereywhere I go.
Incidently I saw A Beaver Floatplane at Lake Hood A Grizzly had Attacked,it was a Real Mess,it also was patched up with Duct Tape & it was flown Home.
Brian.

mcnerney 10-22-2012 05:33 AM

Like Ard said, everyone that loves the outdoors in AK carries Duct Tape. When I first purchased my drift boat a few years ago, Davo mentioned that I should always have a roll on board in case of an emergency.

Larry

fredaevans 10-22-2012 06:51 AM

Not sure if its the same thing now but there used to be a version of this called "100 mile per hour" tape. Looked just like DT, but was a different glue. Original was used to patch bullet holes in airplanes!

MoscaPescador 10-22-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardyreels (Post 492849)
Where do you find these things??

There are some interesting people from the outdoor sports industries (ski, fishing, backpacking, hunting...) on my Facebook page.

Dennis

Hardyreels 10-22-2012 12:59 PM

I was wondering, I don't like to think that you are just sitting there searching the web for these things hours on end ;) I do remember your post of the jet boat fix using the tape. It comes in real handy for shimming oars so that they are snug in the locks on my rafts :) After the rod breaking the other day I'm going to carry a mini roll in my jacket pocket just in case. Generally I fish not too far from the boat and have a roll in the console. Last week I was on foot and there was none back in the truck so I had to make the rod work anyway I could.

jpbfly 10-22-2012 01:57 PM

Great video Dennis:thumbsup:...just wondering how many rolls were used to repair the plane:rolleyes:

billyspey 10-22-2012 04:54 PM

Down south we call it Alabama Chrome !