The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MoscaPescador
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 01:39 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another Duct Tape Post

About two and a half years ago, I made a thread about another use for duct tape. Well here is another.

If you're a bush pilot, try to keep that food smell out of your airplane. Or the bears may have a field day with your plane.

Dennis
jpbfly likes this.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:51 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Another Duct Tape Post

Where do you find these things??

I believe that alright! You know that the Wasilla Wal Mart sells more Duct Tape than any other store in the country right? At least we were the leaders and I doubt that it changed. I just bought 2 rolls last week getting ready for the winter trips to the cabin. Never know when I'll have to fix the snowmachine and I always have a couple rolls in the gear.

If you check the last post I made to the Broken Rod Poll you will see that I did not have a roll along last Friday or I would'a fixed that Spey rod
popperfly likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-22-2012, 03:10 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

I Agree,Duct Tape is one of The Best items anyone can carry,you can patch about anything with it,I carry a Roll evereywhere I go.
Incidently I saw A Beaver Floatplane at Lake Hood A Grizzly had Attacked,it was a Real Mess,it also was patched up with Duct Tape & it was flown Home.
Brian.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:33 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Like Ard said, everyone that loves the outdoors in AK carries Duct Tape. When I first purchased my drift boat a few years ago, Davo mentioned that I should always have a roll on board in case of an emergency.

Larry

Old 10-22-2012, 06:51 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if its the same thing now but there used to be a version of this called "100 mile per hour" tape. Looked just like DT, but was a different glue. Original was used to patch bullet holes in airplanes!
Old 10-22-2012, 12:18 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Where do you find these things??
There are some interesting people from the outdoor sports industries (ski, fishing, backpacking, hunting...) on my Facebook page.

Dennis
Old 10-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I was wondering, I don't like to think that you are just sitting there searching the web for these things hours on end I do remember your post of the jet boat fix using the tape. It comes in real handy for shimming oars so that they are snug in the locks on my rafts After the rod breaking the other day I'm going to carry a mini roll in my jacket pocket just in case. Generally I fish not too far from the boat and have a roll in the console. Last week I was on foot and there was none back in the truck so I had to make the rod work anyway I could.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Great video Dennis...just wondering how many rolls were used to repair the plane
Old 10-22-2012, 04:54 PM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about

Down south we call it Alabama Chrome !