The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By s fontinalis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 12:50 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Googles Picasa3 and uploading photo's.

Think I've finally figured out how to post up a link to a photo, but still no joy in actually putting up a 'real picture' with this service. Is it 'just me' whose being a 'numb-nut?'

Fred
Old 10-22-2012, 01:04 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: Googles Picasa3 and uploading photo's.

Fred,

I use picasa for web storage and posting photos here. What i do is select the big photo in picasa web albums - you can upload them directly from the picasa program i believe, though i dont do it that way.

When i get the big photo on my screen, i right click and 'copy image URL'

Then i go to the forum page, click the little icon at the top (it looks like a mountain and sun' beside the 'link icon', then paste the previously copied URL to the box that open and voila.

Atlernatively you can use this quick shortcut

[img][/img] = the URL goes between the two brackets. you'll have [img]URL HERE[/img] - make sure there are no spaces anywhere or it wont work
mcnerney likes this.

Addicted To Vise
Old 10-22-2012, 02:05 PM

chauncey will become famous soon enoughchauncey will become famous soon enough

do not use the copy url link as that will not always work. Instead on the right hand side you will see text that says Link to this photo. Click that and then make sure you select image only (no link), choose the resolution of the photo you want and it will give you the url in the textbox.

You can use either textbox (embed image or link)
Old 10-22-2012, 02:13 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
do not use the copy url link as that will not always work. Instead on the right hand side you will see text that says Link to this photo. Click that and then make sure you select image only (no link), choose the resolution of the photo you want and it will give you the url in the textbox.

You can use either textbox (embed image or link)
FYI - the copy url link works EVERY SINGLE TIME I USE IT! which is practically every day.

Addicted To Vise