The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By romanl
  • 1 Post By fredaevans
  • 1 Post By theboz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 11:58 AM

romanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of light
Default Hurricane Sandy, NYC

Click the image to open in full size.
mcnerney and ben664 like this.

Last edited by Hardyreels; 10-30-2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Removed comment;
Old 10-30-2012, 12:19 PM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma
Default Re: Hurricane Sandy, NYC native salmons running upstream :)

WOW! That's amazing
Old 10-30-2012, 12:21 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hurricane Sandy, NYC native salmons running upstream :)

Humm, Kings or Coho???
mcnerney likes this.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Removed by me;

Pretty bad flooding.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-30-2012, 02:23 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Removed by me;

Maybe living in coastal Florida my whole line has jaded me to situations like these, but I like Fred's comment the best However, that flooding is terrible, and I wish everyone in hairy situations due to this storm all the best.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 10-30-2012, 03:33 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hurricane Sandy, NYC

What I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to get a grip on is where did they leave the subway trains. One version is 'they're down there,' but that sounds like the hight of stupid if true.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:26 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Fred many of the subways and tunnels are flooded! The devastation of this storm is surreal! I'm on LI right now sitting in my car to charge my electronics. Over 4 million people are without power! There are no coastline roads and very few traffic lights are working. If you don't have food in and a propane stove to cook it your eating pop tarts! The power was restored to a local hospital with a Wendy's next door the line to the Wendys was 200 yards long and growing as i passed it. Many people who
Didn't heed warnings are still being rescued from there roof tops. Up until this afternoon there was no way off the island as most bridges and tunnels were closed. There still is no mass transit of any kind . And to boot we still have another full moon high tide at midnite tonite which will reflood many areas!
My hopes of getting in to some post storm stripers are dwindling fast mainly cause there is no way to get to the ocean or sound! My only chance is to fish off a friends roof! It's the worst storm to hit this area in my lifetime!
And no sense rushing home as my home in Pa is powerless due to the storm and they doubt we will have power for more than a week!

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Oh and the subway trains that are not in use are in a train yard above ground in Brooklyn!
mcnerney likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

Last edited by theboz; 10-30-2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Spell
Old 10-30-2012, 11:53 PM

romanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of light

my parents are out in Queens,
their house got lucky this time, they have flooding problem whenever it rains too much in a very short time. not due to the coastal flooding, we're too far inland. what happens if there's too much rain, wanter on the street cant go down drains fast enough and being our house is at the lowest point on the street it usually floods, but luck had it it didnt rain enough to cause that. and good that it didnt since power was out and 2 pumps we have in the basement would have been useless.

my sister lives on long island, they got damaged gate in the driveway and xmass tree that grows out front fell over, and electricity out, so not too bad.