The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 06:50 PM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Whatcha readin'?

I'm doing what I said I would do...I've completed the "Wheel of Time" series...and I'm starting over. THe first book came out in 1990 and the last just this past January.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:53 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice
Default Whatcha readin'?

Should try the "Sword of Truth" series by Terry Goodkind, if you haven't already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2013, 06:25 AM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

This may be of interest to some of you guys. "Where Birght Waters Meet" it is free as an ebook on the UK sight. Excellent read.
Fly Fishing Forums
Old 04-21-2013, 06:38 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle27 View Post
I'm doing what I said I would do...I've completed the "Wheel of Time" series...and I'm starting over. THe first book came out in 1990 and the last just this past January.
Just started this series after reading your post, and am starting book 4 today. Great series! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2013, 07:45 PM

randyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to allrandyflycaster is a name known to all

In addition to reading Stillness at Appomattox - a great book - I'm reading Dynamic Nymphing by George Daniel. This book is destined to be a classic. I think it's a must for anyone who is serious about nymphing.

Randy
Old 04-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Randy,

Do you have the first of that set, The Army of The Potomac? I read them both long ago and have even recommended them on this thread.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-21-2013, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Recently decided it was time for some classic reading and picked up a copy of "A River Never Sleeps"' by Roderick Haig Brown.

Only a couple chapters into it but am enjoying his writing very much.
milt spawn likes this.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 04-23-2013, 12:26 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

My wife gave Nick Lyons' collected essays from his years writing for FlyFisherman (I think it was), Confessions of a Fly Fishing Addict. It's a nice collection.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I had mentioned that I wanted to learn more about fishing wets and soft hackles to Popperfly, so he loaned my three of Sylvester Nemes' books and I have been working through them, excellent reading by the way: The Soft-Hackled Fly and Tiny Soft Hackles, Two Centuries of Soft-Hackled Flies and The Soft-Hackled Fly.

A couple weeks back I read American Sniper by Navy Seal Chris Kyle, also an excellent read!

If you ever have thoughts of fishing on the Henry's Fork, pickup a copy of Mike Lawson's new book "Fly-Fishing Guide to the Henry's Fork".
fysh likes this.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:00 PM

nickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
This is a good thread John, the fly fishing fraternity is indeed a literate bunch Nancy is working through James Michener's 'Alaska' at this time, I read 'Mexico' and enjoyed his work very much and will read allaska when she finishes.
My favorite is Centennial. The first chapter is devoted to the evolution of the Rockies, where we live. Most here have never heard the term "Ancestral Rockies". The rest is ok, too...

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle27 View Post
Just finished the last (I guess) one, A Memory of Light. Tedious..