The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge Den (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/)
-   -   A smokey dish (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/303811-smokey-dish.html)

morayflyfisher 11-30-2012 02:54 AM

A smokey dish

I love my fish and enjoy cooking it.

Hers last nights delight,with Marie rose sauce,king prawn tails,blackberries which are quite tasty with this and give a differnet flavour when mixed inbetween,fresh parsley and lemon swirls and smoked salmontail,the tastiest part.

drizzeled with melted butter a heart attack delight

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps15b5c3c5.jpg

Hope your tempted to try it as it is an easy to cook meal and filling.

Pocono 11-30-2012 05:44 AM

Re: A smokey dish

That looks waaaay too good!

I'm tempted! Can you send the recipies?

Pocono

morayflyfisher 11-30-2012 06:21 AM

Recipe as follows.

Tail of a smoked salmon.

Cover with butter to keep it moist,fresh dill on top,ground black pepper and some salt.

A few king prawns.
Blackberries and parsley.

Marie rose sauce:-

Mayonaise,tomato ketchup to flavour and colour,worcster sauce few drops,salt and pepper and some lemon juice to add a bite.

Micro salmon for 2 mins and try a blackberry with a prawn and sauce and they blend together nicely.Dont go daft with the mayonaise you only need a couple of spoons depending on how many your cooking for.

any problems just let me know and happy cooking.Thats what cooking is all about tryingdifferent things like blackberries etc.Fish doesnt have to be bland and tasteless.

mcnerney 11-30-2012 06:21 AM

Kevin: That sure looks delicious! Interesting idea of using blackberries to add a little different flavor.

Larry

morayflyfisher 11-30-2012 06:24 AM

It really does add another flavour Larry.Cooking is fun and so much you can add that we have lying around but afraid to add as its not in normal recipes.

I have this at least once a week with different ingredients.I hope you have a go.

mcnerney 11-30-2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morayflyfisher (Post 502715)
It really does add another flavour Larry.Cooking is fun and so much you can add that we have lying around but afraid to add as its not in normal recipes.

I have this at least once a week with different ingredients.I hope you have a go.

Kevin: Blackberries are in the grocery stores right now, so I will definitely give it a try. I'm not much of a cook and neither is my girlfriend. I've only seen her use the stove a couple of times (other than boiling eggs for breakfast). She cooks everything for dinner on the grill......eats very healthy (which I need).

Larry

morayflyfisher 11-30-2012 06:42 AM

Well its a healthy dish and easy to cook.Just dont go heavy on the butter :)

You can always grill the salmon aswell and it doesnt need to be smoked.As with any fish.

Have you tried cod dipped in flour and then into an egg mix and fried?

il_wi_fishing 11-30-2012 07:10 AM

nothing better then a well prepared piece of salmon :thumbsupu:thumbsupu:thumbsupu:thumbsupu

Pocono 11-30-2012 08:38 AM

Thanks, Kevin.

I'm going to give it a try!

Pocono

mcnerney 11-30-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morayflyfisher (Post 502726)
Well its a healthy dish and easy to cook.Just dont go heavy on the butter :)

You can always grill the salmon aswell and it doesnt need to be smoked.As with any fish.

Have you tried cod dipped in flour and then into an egg mix and fried?

Kevin: I think my girlfriend would kick me out of the house if I suggested cooking anything "fried"! :D:D

Larry