The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By morayflyfisher
  • 1 Post By il_wi_fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 02:54 AM

morayflyfisher is a jewel in the roughmorayflyfisher is a jewel in the roughmorayflyfisher is a jewel in the rough
Default A smokey dish

I love my fish and enjoy cooking it.

Hers last nights delight,with Marie rose sauce,king prawn tails,blackberries which are quite tasty with this and give a differnet flavour when mixed inbetween,fresh parsley and lemon swirls and smoked salmontail,the tastiest part.

drizzeled with melted butter a heart attack delight

Click the image to open in full size.

Hope your tempted to try it as it is an easy to cook meal and filling.

www.morayflyfishing.co.uk
Old 11-30-2012, 05:44 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A smokey dish

That looks waaaay too good!

I'm tempted! Can you send the recipies?

Pocono
Old 11-30-2012, 06:21 AM

morayflyfisher is a jewel in the roughmorayflyfisher is a jewel in the roughmorayflyfisher is a jewel in the rough

Recipe as follows.

Tail of a smoked salmon.

Cover with butter to keep it moist,fresh dill on top,ground black pepper and some salt.

A few king prawns.
Blackberries and parsley.

Marie rose sauce:-

Mayonaise,tomato ketchup to flavour and colour,worcster sauce few drops,salt and pepper and some lemon juice to add a bite.

Micro salmon for 2 mins and try a blackberry with a prawn and sauce and they blend together nicely.Dont go daft with the mayonaise you only need a couple of spoons depending on how many your cooking for.

any problems just let me know and happy cooking.Thats what cooking is all about tryingdifferent things like blackberries etc.Fish doesnt have to be bland and tasteless.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:21 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin: That sure looks delicious! Interesting idea of using blackberries to add a little different flavor.

Larry

Old 11-30-2012, 06:24 AM

It really does add another flavour Larry.Cooking is fun and so much you can add that we have lying around but afraid to add as its not in normal recipes.

I have this at least once a week with different ingredients.I hope you have a go.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:29 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by morayflyfisher View Post
It really does add another flavour Larry.Cooking is fun and so much you can add that we have lying around but afraid to add as its not in normal recipes.

I have this at least once a week with different ingredients.I hope you have a go.
Kevin: Blackberries are in the grocery stores right now, so I will definitely give it a try. I'm not much of a cook and neither is my girlfriend. I've only seen her use the stove a couple of times (other than boiling eggs for breakfast). She cooks everything for dinner on the grill......eats very healthy (which I need).

Larry

Old 11-30-2012, 06:42 AM

Well its a healthy dish and easy to cook.Just dont go heavy on the butter

You can always grill the salmon aswell and it doesnt need to be smoked.As with any fish.

Have you tried cod dipped in flour and then into an egg mix and fried?

Old 11-30-2012, 07:10 AM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about

nothing better then a well prepared piece of salmon
mcnerney likes this.

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing
Old 11-30-2012, 08:38 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Kevin.

I'm going to give it a try!

Pocono
Old 11-30-2012, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by morayflyfisher View Post
Well its a healthy dish and easy to cook.Just dont go heavy on the butter

You can always grill the salmon aswell and it doesnt need to be smoked.As with any fish.

Have you tried cod dipped in flour and then into an egg mix and fried?
Kevin: I think my girlfriend would kick me out of the house if I suggested cooking anything "fried"!

Larry