The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge Den (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/)
-   -   Snow wasn't in today's forecast ..... (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/305253-snow-wasnt-todays-forecast.html)

fredaevans 12-15-2012 11:26 AM

Snow wasn't in today's forecast .....

Coming down like crazy at the moment, and the further north you get the more you've got. Looks like the Seattle area is about to get a Royal Pounding.

darwin 12-15-2012 11:57 AM

Re: Snow wasn't in today's forecast .....

No snow here in Phoenix, but at least we get some rain. Should get snow in the mountains. :cool:

lacanadio 12-15-2012 12:32 PM

Snow yesterday and today in Santa Fe. Mountains getting hammered. Skiing Taos tomorrow :).

Guest1 12-15-2012 01:50 PM

Hey! We are up to whole whopping 30 degrees! It's a freakin heat wave. People are already driving smaller stuff on the lake. Things like Trackers, small cars, etc. At the rate we are going we should be able to drive anything by Christmas. There's 12" of ice on some of the lake. Would have already been able to drive anywhere with anything but we had a bad wind storm when the ice was about 6" thick that busted the whole lake up. That happens a lot of years up here. I saw it send the whole ice sheet 400 yards North one time when the ice was a good 7" thick. A lot of the ice houses were on the wrong side of the split and they had to get small boats and rescue a lot of people. At least the ice didn't turn into little chunks on that one. I'd have loved to have seen what the ice did at the North end of the lake. Garden Island must have taken a severe beating.

mcnerney 12-15-2012 02:04 PM

Fred: Send that white stuff out here, the Rockies could use a big storm. I heard on NPR that Wyoming was at 93% snow pack for this time of year, but the eastern half of the state is in a severe drought and could use snow badly.

Larry

mcnerney 12-17-2012 09:48 AM

Fred: It looks like that snow finally made it's way out to Wyoming! Yahoo!
This is the first real snow that we have had in town this year. We've had a few dustings, but nothing amounted to much. Hopefully, this one will dump a lot of needed moisture.

Larry

fredaevans 12-17-2012 12:13 PM

Hi Larry.

Snow is very much in our current forecast for the next few days. Nor-Cal and Southern Oregon are going to get a 'dump' of the stuff. Freezing levels going down to as low as 500 feet and that's well below my level.

Time to do a store run as likely I'm not going anywhere for a few days.