The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree79Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 11:19 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wive's or Significant Other's Hobbies;

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
Fred: "I am sooo liking this picture! We all need 'Mental Coffee' breaks; this look just like one."

You are SO right, Fred!! Does my heart good to see her smile...you shoulda heard the "YES!!!" she belted out when that fish was in the net.
Gary
I hear you Bro., I hear you.

A times we're Blessed and meet 'The One;' I strongly suspect you did.
gt05254 and caseywise like this.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:37 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Nice thread! I've been enjoying reading people's posts. This is a diverse group.

For most of her life she studied hard though she did enjoy music. The past 10+ years has focused on medicine and she's finally reaching a point where she can remember what it's like to not work 30hr shifts and 70-80hr weeks and perhaps rediscover fun and relaxation. Now that we're getting ready to have our second kid it is for both of us to have things in our lives that aren't either work or taking care of children.

She enjoys knitting and sewing. When a knitting shop at the hospital I worked at in Michigan closed down I bought her a bunch of stuff and she's been enjoying that. Got her a sewing machine for her birthday last year, and she's enjoyed working on a bunch of projects. Now she is buying a nice camera for Christmas and is going to take a photography class. This will be great since the places I love to fish are beautiful places to take pictures.

I have been trying to introduce her to fly fishing, but she feels bad for the fish. I made her a rod for her birthday this year, complete with her college colors and she loved it. Said, "well I guess I'll have to learn!" I know she'll likely not be as into it as I am but I look forward to introducing her to something I really enjoy.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:15 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Pocono;508402]Another quilter here............

Marty has been doing it now for several years. She's also been active in an organization called "Quilts for Kids"; which supplies bright, happy-colored quilts for children with cancer and rare diseases.

Click the image to open in full size.

And, she's also my regular fly fishing partner. Here on the Salmon River in Pulaski, NY looking for a steelhead or two.......

[IMG]http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu44/apjarvis/

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Wrong pic! The SR pic good memories!
Hardyreels likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

Last edited by theboz; 12-20-2012 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-20-2012, 08:52 AM

coug will become famous soon enoughcoug will become famous soon enough

Very nice thread. Sally puts up with a lot from me as far as my fishing. But she is an outdoor lady and hikes or snowshoes at last once a week. We have a routine when camped at our favorite fishing spots. We go hiking together in the morning and then I go hit the evening hatch. She joins me when she feels like it, but usually she is gathering rocks for her collection, or bird watching, or animal watching.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:14 PM

jsquires has a spectacular aura aboutjsquires has a spectacular aura about

I'm fortunate in that my wife loves camping, hiking, fishing, just being outdoors. She's also big into travel. Unfortunately, life (work) has gotten in the way for the past few years, but we're working on changing that.
My wife has really been on me about going on one of my AK wilderness trips. I told her I'd give her a discount if she does the cooking and dishes. Didn't go over very well.
My oldest son's hobby is roping in rodeos. He has several horses. One of the horses has lost a step or two, so my son retired him -- and give him to my wife. I finally get the car paid off, only to replace it with a monthly stable fee.
I told my wife I should get the equivalent dollars' worth of guiding fishing each month as the cost of the stables. Once again, didn't go over very well.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:55 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

Fortunately for her (and me) she runs a lot. She's easing into 1/2 marathons and will be running 5 or 6 next year. I'll be sure to take the fly rod along since we typically like to stay for a day or two before and after and I'm hoping (urging her) to run in some states with and near fishable water...

Here she is after her first 1/2 marathon.
Click the image to open in full size.

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com