The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By imxer
  • 1 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 12:53 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default This is one of the best breakfasts going

Made something very similar at a fish camp, damned glad I doubled the receipt as there was no left over batter. Side of sausages and poached eggs, God is in His Heaven.

Gingerbread Pancakes with Banana Cream Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes
Old 12-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This is one of the best breakfasts going

Fred: That sure sounds good, but wouldn't be the best for my waistline!

Old 12-21-2012, 02:36 PM

imxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Fred: That sure sounds good, but wouldn't be the best for my waistline!
I'd be willing to take a chance!
mcnerney likes this.

Nature, Cheaper than Therapy

LIVE TODAY
Old 12-21-2012, 04:05 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds tasty fred. I've got to ask though...did you serve it with a side of Lipitor?

I give you credit, I have to imagine that I could only act like a slug after a meal like that. I'd want to hang out beside a fire and maybe ponder going out on the stream maybe mid day.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:22 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

'Good thing' I was in my 'new' MH with a 5K generator. Hot plate cranking out for the cakes and the gas top stove for the rest.

Best of the best was the 'old' MH. No gennie and were 'dry camping' at a 'Clave.

Texted the host and said I was coming; 'Have room for more folks to sleep over?'

Answer was yes, but how many?

Four.

No problem, but one will have to be on a air matris on the floor.

Driving up and TADA YOU VILLAGE IDIOT! Have no idea who these folks would be. I'll leave names out of this as many of you would know exactly who they were.

Bangs on the door that evening and we end up with 22. Ms. G looks at me and says "We need to feed these people (most were well in to their Single Malt quaffs) what do you have?"

God, pull stuff out of the freezer compartment, coolers and She/I were good to go. Plebeian meal. 'Go get your own plate/cutlery' and an evening to remember. Ms. G and Husband? Multimillionaire, on any scale. And I think they both knew I had no idea in the world, and if I did, couldn't have cared less.

Total class act from folks from Scotland.

fae
imxer likes this.