The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 01:31 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Ard's proof of life call

Thanks for the update Dan, good to hear all is well with him, the dog and the Misses. Looking forward to hearing all the details upon his return.

I thought the single digits were bad with wind chills well below zero here but man that's cold! Hope you are staying as warm as can be.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:57 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ard's proof of life call

It's warmed up to -11 F right now but the wind is blowing hard. It really is miserable to be outside. That 30 below stuff we are having at night is bad but when it hits -40 it's a whole 'nother story. Things don't like that temp. Stuff breaks.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:00 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
It's warmed up to -11 F right now but the wind is blowing hard. It really is miserable to be outside. That 30 below stuff we are having at night is bad but when it hits -40 it's a whole 'nother story. Things don't like that temp. Stuff breaks.
Been decades since I've been down that road but early years were in Birds Hill Manitoba. -10 was a spring day on the farm.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Banned

Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I should post the pictures of it, but a few years back, we had the coldest summer I ever saw. We had a snowstorm the first part of May that literally snowed me in. I had a drift against my screen door that came half way up it. It started at the roof of my car and went right to the door. I had to shoulder my way out of the house. The lake still had ice on it for the Walleye opener on May 15th. In fact it didn't become ice free till the first week of June. It got below freezing here every month that year but August and it got down to the high 30's.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:26 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

The news told me that there is a serious Arctic mass settling over you Dan. -40!!!!! Freaking crazy. I know I'd be stocked up on beer and jerky and whisky!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:33 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Ard's proof of life call

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
The news told me that there is a serious Arctic mass settling over you Dan. -40!!!!! Freaking crazy. I know I'd be stocked up on beer and jerky and whisky!
Dean's even spelled 'Whisky' correctly .. YOU DA MAN!!

Old 01-23-2013, 08:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
I was trying to find a color code map showing all of North America, but I can't seem to find one. If you can find them and look at the cold spot it's always a round spot about 100 miles across. We are on one end and International Falls is on the other. I did find a Map and am putting a link here. Take a look at the little red -48 spot. I am right on the border almost exactly at the left end of the - on -48. If it did show Canada you would see that you can drive straight North and it warms up. How wrong does that seem?
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Guest1; 01-23-2013 at 11:32 PM. Reason: They changed the photo, changed it back
Old 01-23-2013, 10:22 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Dan keep that red spot up by you! I'm in the light blue and as far as I'm concerned its far to cold ! John / Deanmt has it right beer , jerkey and lots of whiskey . Sorry I like global warming! Last year I was catching fish on open water this time of year this year I need the drill!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 01-23-2013, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Last year I was catching fish on open water this time of year this year I need the drill!
At this rate I'm going to need the extension on the drill. I hope they are wrong about that -48. Stuff breaks at that temperature.

I checked some other weather reports and there is a lot of difference. Hope they are the right ones. Well my picture just got hijacked to Friday. The thursday one is gone.

Fixed it
popperfly likes this.

Last edited by Guest1; 01-23-2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: fixed problem
Old 01-24-2013, 08:58 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Uhm yeah its snowing here but the sun's out! Its too bad there are no mountains in Ohio cause this snow is the finest powder a skier could ever want! Its supposed to hit 50 by Tuesday here I hope that reaches you Dan!