The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 02:07 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ard's proof of life call

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
Uhm yeah its snowing here but the sun's out!
I have video of it doing that here. It was snowing hard and there was not a cloud in the sky. I was on a snowmobile on Lake of the Woods at least 5 miles from the nearest shore so this isn't snow blowing off trees either. What happens is the colder air is the less moisture it can hold. Once warmer moister air hits this friggin ice box it just dumps it. Clouds or not.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:31 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

I've been in Ohio for around 5 years now and its still weird! My favorite though has got to be thunder/ lightning and snow, only saw it once but it was wild! Hey the Bush Man called here last night but I had to deal with dog sitting so I didn't get the message till this am and I can't get him on the cell for whatever reason. Next you time you talk to him let him know I'm not dodging him but his cell signal is dodging me!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I think he has the phone off a lot. He needs to be conservative with battery power since he is off the grid there and only has electric when he runs the generator. He said he can see a cell tower on top of a mountain from there so a signal should be able to get through. I'll tell him next time to leave you a time when you can call back. A second thought. He is also running power tools when he has the generator going so that may be why he didn't answer either. Couldn't hear it ring.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I received a call from Ard this morning. He is doing fine, he has been busy working on insulation on the flooring and ceiling, he says the wood stove is now able to keep up with the cold, even when it is chocked way down. He has made a couple quick trips back and forth to town for supplies, you know how projects go, you never have everything you need on hand.
popperfly and jaybo41 like this.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:00 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
I received a call from Ard this morning. He is doing fine, he has been busy working on insulation on the flooring and ceiling, he says the wood stove is now able to keep up with the cold, even when it is chocked way down. He has made a couple quick trips back and forth to town for supplies, you know how projects go, you never have everything you need on hand.
Thanks for the update from the Mustache Larry! Good to hear all is going well. Any word on when he'll be back to "civilization" and posting with us again? Please pass along my greetings the next time you two talk.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
Thanks for the update from the Mustache Larry! Good to hear all is going well. Any word on when he'll be back to "civilization" and posting with us again? Please pass along my greetings the next time you two talk.
Jay: I'm not sure, but he did say he is now talking to the dog! LOL! This time of year he wants to get as much construction as possible done. He is extremely concerned about the river condition. In the late fall they had a tremendous amount of rain, the river came up and then everything froze solid, so the ground is water logged and he told me the lake is eight foot above normal and some of the cabins around the lake have been flooded, should be an interesting breakup in the spring.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:21 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

thanks for the update fellas.
it'll be good get him back on here.... i'll bet he has some awesome photos to share

casey

ARFE
Old 02-01-2013, 08:29 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

WOOZER!

Many, many years back but the Flood Insurance (you 'must to get a home loan') was one of my Dept. reports. I could look at a flat blank map with just elevations on same (not to mention the width of the 'black and 500 year gray) and tell you exactly the topo. This is back in 1984.

'In' the 'Black,' you got it, in the 'Grey' we sent a letter strongly suggesting you purchase. You (legally) couldn't make it a requirement of a single family mortgage. You're in a "B Zone" the coverage was cheap as chips, like fifty bucks a year? Appears many read the letter.

I'd look at the Central Valley (Kalifornia) maps and just shake my head. Not a 'if,' just a When, and there's going to be all hell to pay.

It happened a few years later.

Letter was sent out (over objections) after the loan closed. Appears many read same, did same.

fae
Old 02-02-2013, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Dan&Larry thanks for the updates...looks like the alaskan bear is pretty busy
Guest1 likes this.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:28 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Dan anything new on Ard since Larrys conversation? Like to hear how he's doing with his projects and situation.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser