The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Ard's proof of life call

Ard just called me from Alaska's outback. He's doing fine but it warmed up and he needs it to get cold and snow so the snowmobile has a better surface to travel back on. It warmed up (leaving me way colder than where he's at, seems wrong. ) Anyway, he wanted me to let everyone know he's doing good, getting a lot done on the cabin. He was in the middle of making cabinet doors when he called. If anyone knows the snow and cold version of the rain dance, put your dancing shoes on and get hopping. If you know how to send the warm weather here, please do that also.

For those who already don't know, Ard is Hardyreels.
mojo, imxer, Pocono and 10 others like this.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ard's proof of life call

Dan: Good to hear Ard is doing fine at the cabin. I sure wish he would quit hogging all the warm wx!

Larry

Old 01-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Banned

Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yah, what's up with that? I had more furnace problems thanks to the lightening. Just got it replaced today, and have been without a furnace since Friday afternoon. Nights have been colder than .... something really cold. It hit -20 F two nights in a row. It was right on 0 when they started work on it today. Murphy's law, of course it went out Friday right after everyone went home and then got colder than heck. And they also sold the last one that would work on Friday also. Stinkin Murphy.

Here's Ard in the middle of nowhere Alaska going "dang! It needs to get cold." But Ard sai things are going well, loves the new snowmachine. So does the wife. I don't want to be a spoiler alert guy for when Ard gets back so I'll leave it at that.
mcnerney and fredaevans like this.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:29 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

DD, "It never rains but it pours" sort of thing. Murphy's Law is a good thing, but I've always enjoyed "Parkenson's Corollary: "Murphy has a tendency to underestimate the wreckage that will follow."

Fred
mcnerney and Guest1 like this.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Banned

I got a book when I was in the Navy called 'Murphy's Law and it Corollaries'

Flanagan's Finagiling Factor= The number when multiplied by the number you got, gives you the number you should have got.

Murphy's Law of Selective Gravity= Any object dropped will gravitate to the nearest small hole from which it can't be retrieved. Also, buttered bread falls buttered side down.

O'Toole's Commentary on Murphy's Law= Murphy was an optimist.

It was a whole book of these. It was a side splitter.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:14 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

"Buttered side down" is one of my father-in-laws many classic statments! Love it.

Thanks for the reports Dan. Been cold here too, not -20 cold though! Man, that's brutal.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:50 PM
Banned

Even more rediculous is, as soon as I got the new furnace in and could stop the battle to keep the place from freezing up, it started warming up. How does that work? It's almost midnight and it's 20 above.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:01 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to hear it you cry babies, yesterday it was so cold in San Antonio they had sleet. Estimated over $1,000,000 in pot went up in smoke as the illegals tried to keep warm out in the brush country,,,

Dave
Guest1, fredaevans and shotgunfly like this.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:48 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Good news...from the cabinin the heart of Alaska...
Do you members of the mustachio gang still communicate by smoke signals?
Old 01-04-2013, 11:44 AM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

Good news!!.....I was wondering where Ard has been recently.

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !