The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge Den (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/)
-   -   Photobucket (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/307036-photobucket.html)

gt05254 01-04-2013 04:54 PM

Photobucket

Is photobucket giving anyone besides me fits?? Everytime I use it lately its incredibly slow AND ends up locking up my machine. I have a fast machine and very fast internet connection. Any thoughts?
thanks,
Gary

woodrivertroutbum 01-04-2013 05:18 PM

Re: Photobucket

I just ran a few uploads to test it out and it is working fine for me.

gt05254 01-04-2013 05:25 PM

man, it is killing me. every time for the last week. It'll take uploads, but then everything just freezes up.
Gary

wannafish 01-04-2013 05:40 PM

It was doing that to me as well and I had to upload fewer pics at a time.

gt05254 01-04-2013 06:03 PM

where its screwing me up the most is when I'm downloading from it.
Gary

darwin 01-04-2013 09:50 PM

Gary are you using their 'New Software'? I switched over to try it out and it was nothing but painful. There is/was a switch back button/link towards the top right of the screen. I switched back and all the troubles went away.

newby 01-04-2013 09:56 PM

I may be the exception but I have been using the new version and for me it is faster and even more glitch-free than the other version. I like some of the features of the other version more, but I'd rather have efficiency.

theboz 01-04-2013 10:10 PM

Downloading has always been slow on photo bucket for me! Uploading is zip and done!

Guest1 01-04-2013 10:18 PM

It froze up on me. This was after it kept trying to bully me into a tour of the new setup. It also froze up after doing a drag and drop in the new upload thing. I dragged, I dropped it froze. Is anyone besides me sick and tired of these computor guys messing with things that aren't broke? YouTube, E Bay, Face Book, all of them have this irresistable desire to mess with their sites and none of it has been for the better. I hate timeline, the you tube channel changes, the E Bay changes even they seem to realize may not be good because they seem to have dropped most of them. I noticed with the new photo bucket setup you can't just put the curser over your photo and get the drop down with the codes anymore. I had to actually bring it up seperate and do it. It seems like a little thing but if you think about it, someone wrote tons of programming to make it less user friendly. And they talked someone into thinking it was a good idea. :confused:

wt bash 01-05-2013 10:19 AM

I nixed photobucket but I'm on an ancient laptop with no memory left or whatever, my browser needed updating so I went with google chrome and use their picasa it seems smooth enough for me and I'm definitely not computer savvy!