The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 04:38 PM

dakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: new artwork

Like the artwork!

I agree the oval should be same color as the text.

As for the splash of color, have you considered putting one color in the fly? The splats or spatters of paint are distracting. I would prefer #1 if a distinct section of the wing was colored instead.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:36 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL...I love this, what a bunch of sorry critics we are.

My turn

Drop the splashes but make the circle the color of the splash and change the wording to "Vise Addiction"

All four look great Eunan...Thanks for sharing!

Dave
cattech89 likes this.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:56 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

Overall the oval detracts from everything else that's great about the mark…the fly and the added splashes of color

#2 - no real balance here…my eye draws to the splash with no real payoff for the eye movement.

#3- too much going on here…I'd drop the oval.

#4 - that's the one for me, it's dynamic (no oval container) and it puts the focus on what's important--the art in the fly.

That's my opinion. And opinions are like feet…everyone's got em and they usually stink (that's the cleaned up version of that saying ).

Although I think being a designer for 17 years, director of creative services for Rosetta Stone and art director of my own magazine counts for something…

....I tell my wife that all the time and it still doesn't get me anything! Ha!

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com