The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 02:17 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm Back But .................

Whoa.... That's not good. We are having pretty normal colder than heck weather here. Except for two days where it warmed up enough to rain, day before yesterday though. It was raining and 34 F, and the temp dropped 10 degrees in about ten stinking minutes and then snowed all over us. It's really odd that so many places keep talking about the warm weather they are having and this is the coldest Fall and early winter I ever saw here. I'll try thinking cold thoughts for you Ard. If you get the same weather we did, it should get really cold. I had -18 F when I got up yesterday and it never got above 0. It was all of +2 when I looked at noon today. I'll think cold thoughts for you.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:26 PM

tennessee dave will become famous soon enoughtennessee dave will become famous soon enough

Good luck Ard. Keep us posted.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:33 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Ard good to see you on! Hope your weather situation improves soon do you can get back to some normallacy!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 01-14-2013, 02:35 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Have not been watching the weather, need to look and see if the jet stream has moved. Will pray for you and Nancy and may your decisions be wise and prudent.

Dave
Old 01-14-2013, 02:45 PM

trout sniper is on a distinguished road

Hope everything works out OK.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:50 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Ard, great to hear you are ok, for now. I can't wait to hear to the whole story. Be safe, man!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:20 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

glad your back ard
some totally bizarre weather up there lately
hope you guys are ok.....
been getting all kinds of crazy reports from my parents down on the peninsula.

casey

ARFE
Old 01-14-2013, 04:42 PM

Liphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud of

Hi Ard.
It's good to see you back,I hope The weather improves,yesterday it was only 40 degrees F,we were out Fishing last night & thought that was cold.
We are in The Middle of Summer over here & The highest Temp reached for The former 3 days was about 95 degrees F,we all nearly melted.
Cheers.
Brian.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:45 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfly View Post
Ard -----Air boat ?????
Or hovercraft. milt.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Ard: Good to see you back, but I had a feeling things weren't going well. Out of curiousity I looked at the Wasilla wx this morning and it showed 36 degrees F for the high with 80% chance of rain, definitely not good. I kind of suspected something might be up with the extreme cold we have been under, it was -19 degrees F here in Pinedale this morning, heard it was -26 in Jackson. I hope that jetstream starts moving back north to help you out.

Larry
Hi Larry,

I just got back home from a run to Anchorage. The weather page has it wrong far as I can tell we are at 46* here right now but it did quit raining. Yesterday it poured from Skwentna to Deshka Landing and the Susitna River was alive when we got there. The lower ends of the Knik, matunaska, Eklutna, Peters Creek, Eagle River and Ship Creek are all out and open water is carving a good channel as far as I could see as I crossed the bridges.

Word has it that Trapper Creek and points that way into the mountains got all snow albeit wet snow..........

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;