The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge Den (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/)
-   -   I'm Packed & Ready For Round 2; (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/lodge-den/308052-im-packed-ready-round-2-a.html)

Hardyreels 01-15-2013 10:18 PM

I'm Packed & Ready For Round 2;

The temps from Willow to Skwentna stayed cold all day and as I write it is 10* at the cabin. It should go to -4 or better over night, Nancy reports she drove the Tundra on the lake today and that the snow has hardened enough to support the machine :)

I've been packing the cargo boxes on the Scandic and am ready to give this a go from Willow in the early AM. Nancy is going to leave the cabin at 8:30 AM and we will meet somewhere in the middle of the Yentna River.

She wants to be back by Thursday and so we are doing a hand off of Boss and the duties at the lake. This will be an adventure AJ, and with good cold conditions it'll work out well. I gotta hand it to her, she is tough and capable. Every time she does these kind of things it's another reminder that my leaving Pennsylvania for the far north was the only way I was gonna meet up with this Gal ;) I will have her call one of our members or make a post in the next day or 2 to report that we both made our destinations safely.

The folks at the lake kept the plane from freezing and are flying out to Anchorage tomorrow also. What we don't want is to have both snow machines at the cabin and only one driver so she's riding one in. I'll take pictures and do up a series of blog pages when this is done for a while. Until then I'm gonna be gone again for a while :D

You guys keep the conversation going and enjoy your time on the forum,

Ard

williamhj 01-15-2013 10:32 PM

Re: I'm Packed & Ready For Round 2;

Safe travels Ard, thanks for the update.

caseywise 01-15-2013 10:36 PM

hey ard,
enjoy your next trip to the cabin....
glad to hear you guys are well:)

casey

fyshstykr 01-15-2013 10:49 PM

You guys be safe out there. I'll be expecting another phone call after you get settled in again.:)

Guest1 01-15-2013 11:44 PM

Good luck and take care. If my weather is any indication of what you are going to get, I have below zero lows and single digit highs for the next week. Hopefully it will freeze over your Roads for you.

leithel 01-15-2013 11:57 PM

You and your family travel safe.
Fred

jpbfly 01-16-2013 01:40 AM

Have a safe trip;) rendez-vous somewhere in the middle of Yentna river:rolleyes:
nice title for a book or a movie:rolleyes::)Glad the plane problem was solved:)

theboz 01-16-2013 03:30 AM

Be safe! Travel with care .

---------- Post added at 04:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

Your blessed , theres no woman like that in Pa!

Hardyreels 01-16-2013 08:38 AM

Thanks fellas,

It's 5:33 AM here at this time and I'm about to go warm up the truck. Daylight is getting started around 8:30 AM right now and light is good by 8:45, we are gaining about 4 min - 10 seconds between sunup & sundown right now which provides more safe travel time. As far as I know it is cold from Willow all the way to Hewitt Lake so it may be a bit rough due to all the icy ruts caused by the melt and runoff but the surface should be hard enough for travel. I get the temp reports by phone from people who are looking at real conditions not the 'Weather Pages' on the computer. A good for instance of why I do this is that Monday the weather pages said it was 38* here at Wasilla but it was actually 47* when that guy on the motorcycle passed me on the Parks Highway :confused: so.........although it's only 9 degrees, that can mean the difference between ice or water.

John, Dan and Larry, I have your numbers in my phone so you'll hear from me, and you too Bill :)

I kinda miss you guys

wt bash 01-16-2013 08:46 AM

Be safe man! We'll be looking forward to when you're settled and everyone's home and safe. Good Luck Man!