The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > The Lodge Den

The Lodge Den Sit down, kick back and discuss other topic with other forum members... Controversial subjects not allowed.

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 10:18 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default I'm Packed & Ready For Round 2;

The temps from Willow to Skwentna stayed cold all day and as I write it is 10* at the cabin. It should go to -4 or better over night, Nancy reports she drove the Tundra on the lake today and that the snow has hardened enough to support the machine

I've been packing the cargo boxes on the Scandic and am ready to give this a go from Willow in the early AM. Nancy is going to leave the cabin at 8:30 AM and we will meet somewhere in the middle of the Yentna River.

She wants to be back by Thursday and so we are doing a hand off of Boss and the duties at the lake. This will be an adventure AJ, and with good cold conditions it'll work out well. I gotta hand it to her, she is tough and capable. Every time she does these kind of things it's another reminder that my leaving Pennsylvania for the far north was the only way I was gonna meet up with this Gal I will have her call one of our members or make a post in the next day or 2 to report that we both made our destinations safely.

The folks at the lake kept the plane from freezing and are flying out to Anchorage tomorrow also. What we don't want is to have both snow machines at the cabin and only one driver so she's riding one in. I'll take pictures and do up a series of blog pages when this is done for a while. Until then I'm gonna be gone again for a while

You guys keep the conversation going and enjoy your time on the forum,

Ard
imxer, mcnerney, Guest1 and 5 others like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-15-2013, 10:32 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm Packed & Ready For Round 2;

Safe travels Ard, thanks for the update.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:36 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

hey ard,
enjoy your next trip to the cabin....
glad to hear you guys are well

casey

ARFE
Old 01-15-2013, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

You guys be safe out there. I'll be expecting another phone call after you get settled in again.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 01-15-2013, 11:44 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and take care. If my weather is any indication of what you are going to get, I have below zero lows and single digit highs for the next week. Hopefully it will freeze over your Roads for you.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:57 PM

leithel has a spectacular aura aboutleithel has a spectacular aura aboutleithel has a spectacular aura about

You and your family travel safe.
Fred
Old 01-16-2013, 01:40 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Have a safe trip rendez-vous somewhere in the middle of Yentna river
nice title for a book or a movieGlad the plane problem was solved
Old 01-16-2013, 03:30 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Be safe! Travel with care .

---------- Post added at 04:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

Your blessed , theres no woman like that in Pa!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 01-16-2013, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Thanks fellas,

It's 5:33 AM here at this time and I'm about to go warm up the truck. Daylight is getting started around 8:30 AM right now and light is good by 8:45, we are gaining about 4 min - 10 seconds between sunup & sundown right now which provides more safe travel time. As far as I know it is cold from Willow all the way to Hewitt Lake so it may be a bit rough due to all the icy ruts caused by the melt and runoff but the surface should be hard enough for travel. I get the temp reports by phone from people who are looking at real conditions not the 'Weather Pages' on the computer. A good for instance of why I do this is that Monday the weather pages said it was 38* here at Wasilla but it was actually 47* when that guy on the motorcycle passed me on the Parks Highway so.........although it's only 9 degrees, that can mean the difference between ice or water.

John, Dan and Larry, I have your numbers in my phone so you'll hear from me, and you too Bill

I kinda miss you guys
Guest1 likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-16-2013, 08:46 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Be safe man! We'll be looking forward to when you're settled and everyone's home and safe. Good Luck Man!